PDA

View Full Version : My impression of Inline Fabrications Strong Mount

VHoward
12-27-2013, 10:05 PM
I said in an earlier thread that I was waiting for Pat Marlin to release rock dock rails that would fit on the Ultramount so I could use the rock dock plates I already have. Well, after looking some more and thinking about the fact that the loaded cartridge bin does not sit right on my XL650 while it's mounted on a rock dock, I bought an Ultramount from Inline Fabrication set up with their new quick change plate system. I ordered the Ultramount legs and bottom plate assembly, a quick change system base plate, 2 quick change system plates (1 for my XL650 and 1 for my Lee Classic Cast SS) and a double bullet tray assembly.

It came well packed in bubble wrap bags and the foam type wrappers, dis-assembled with all hardware needed for each step of assembly in seperate bags. I ordered this on Christmas day and that night I got an email saying he had packaged it and printed out the shipping label. He gave it to USPS on the 26th and I got it today (27th). (I only live about 120 miles from his shop).

It is easy to assemble and when tightened up, it is rock solid. Absolutely no movement of the Ultramount . I am a 300lb plus guy and the only thing I could manage when pulling and pushing on it was to move my reloading bench. With this Ultramount, I feel that there is less movement of my press and bench that there was when my presses were mounted to the rock dock. I think it is due to the redistribution of the forces over a wider area of the bench top. I now wish I had bought one of these Ultramounts from Inline when I bought the XL650.

For those of you who are worried about the studiness of the Inline Ultramount, don't worry. I give this product 2 thumbs up. :2_high5:

I now have a rock dock and 4 plates to get rid of.

VHoward
12-28-2013, 12:09 AM
That post was about the Inline Fabrication Ultramount. Not strong mount

r1kk1
12-28-2013, 10:01 AM
My situation is a little different. I have two maple topped roller cabinets that slide in, under the bench. The main bench has my 550 mounted on a strong mount with accesories including a 1050 bin for loaded rounds. The only other thing mounted on the maple topped main bench is a butcher block for assembly, hammering, etc. duties. I have two Rock Docks mounted to each of the smaller cabinets. I have seven plates from Pat. The only thing that I can think of that won't fit on a plate is the Star lubrisizer with factory lube heater plate. I may have to contact Dan to see if his Ultramount has a large enough footprint to accommodate this. He is working on a roller handle for the B3 COAX and can't wait to get one. He makes a plethora of cool stuff.

I just wished I could get a hold of some shelf docks. I have shelves to store seven presses and tools on using plate system.

Personally, I have no problem doing business with either or in my case both men. They make some fine products.

Take care

r1kk1

Three-Fifty-Seven
12-28-2013, 11:30 AM
mount?

VHoward
12-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Pictures will come later. Still reorganizing and my shop is a bit messy right now.

Aegis
12-28-2013, 02:54 PM
I love mine. I have the quick change plates for the T-mag 2, rock crusher, rcbs lubesizer. I'm thinking about getting the stand for my powder measure.

VHoward
12-28-2013, 05:48 PM
My situation is a little different. I have two maple topped roller cabinets that slide in, under the bench. The main bench has my 550 mounted on a strong mount with accesories including a 1050 bin for loaded rounds. The only other thing mounted on the maple topped main bench is a butcher block for assembly, hammering, etc. duties. I have two Rock Docks mounted to each of the smaller cabinets. I have seven plates from Pat. The only thing that I can think of that won't fit on a plate is the Star lubrisizer with factory lube heater plate. I may have to contact Dan to see if his Ultramount has a large enough footprint to accommodate this. He is working on a roller handle for the B3 COAX and can't wait to get one. He makes a plethora of cool stuff.

I just wished I could get a hold of some shelf docks. I have shelves to store seven presses and tools on using plate system.

Personally, I have no problem doing business with either or in my case both men. They make some fine products.

Take care

r1kk1

I'm sure dan can make you a quick change plate large enough to fit it. they are completely flat on top. I might just have to ask for one also. I'm going to pm 1in9twist. That is inline fabrication here on cast boolits.

VHoward
12-31-2013, 08:26 PM

Take care

r1kk1

Hi,
I contacted Dan and he sent me a pdf form in my email so I could trace the outline and mark the mounting holes of the magma heated base for the star sizer. I did that and he is now making me a quick change plate for it. If you contact him, he will already have a template for it.

VHoward
12-31-2013, 08:29 PM
I spent some time with my XL650 today mounted on the Ultramount. I really like this set up now. reloaded 300 rounds of 45 acp and was still ready for more. I now wish I had ordered an ergo roller handle from him at the same time, but I have the roller handle from Dillon and thought that would still be sufficient.

Fire_Medic
12-31-2013, 09:13 PM
Good to see the feedback, I will be ordering a mount from him in the near future.

r1kk1
01-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Hi,
I contacted Dan and he sent me a pdf form in my email so I could trace the outline and mark the mounting holes of the magma heated base for the star sizer. I did that and he is now making me a quick change plate for it. If you contact him, he will already have a template for it.

VHoward you rock! Thanks brother! I try to keep as few tools on the main bench as possible. Right now that's a strong mount in the center, small maple butcher block on one end and a vice on the other end. I hate a cluttered bench. I may plate the vise and put that on the Ultramount also as well as the butcher block for occasionally chores.

Thanks again

r1kk1