PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Bullet Feeder & RCBS Pro 2000 Auto?

Fire_Medic
12-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Anyone out there running a Mr. Bullet Feeder on an RCBS Pro 2000 Auto Indexing press?

If so how do you like it, and how has it worked for you?

I'm considering buying an RCBS Pro 2K and eyeballing the Mr. Bullet Feeder over the RCBS branded bullet feeder.

Thanks

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
12-28-2013, 01:37 AM
If the Mr. Bullet Feeder product uses a standard sized die, installing it on an RCBS die plate should be no problem. The only issue should be space available and the RCBS is a six station press. So if you're running rifle in two passes, no problem. If you're running pistol, it's only space available. The space on the top of an RCBS Pro 2000 is larger than that on a Dillon, so it should work.

This is a cut and past quote from an old ARFCOM thread:

"I just emailed Rick at "Mr. Bullet Feeder" asking about the possibilities of converting his product to my RCBS machine. He answered in about 15 minutes!

His Reply:

Mr. Bulletfeeder™ will work on any press that uses 7/8-14 die positions.
call me. 480-235-8864 -Rick "

I think you'd be good to go, based on that response.

Fire_Medic
12-28-2013, 02:24 AM
Thanks Dave, and thanks for your information thus far via PM. I started this thread to see what folks who have the RCBS pro 2000 are using, as I am just not sold on the RCBS brand bullet feeder. But I came across a three over on THR where you said you use the Hornady bullet feeder so will research that too. I was looking on the Mr. Bullet feeder website today, and not sure the new version will work on the RCBS Pro 2000, as it mounts to a case feeder and the Pro 2K doesn't use one. So I might have to find an older version of the Mr. BF for it to work, or see about the Hornady.

I'm really leaning towards the RCBS press, and getting close to trying to offload my 550B locally. The 550B has served me well, but it's time for me to go more progressive, and the Pro 2K is much cheaper than the LNL or a 650, and since you load the empty cases on the left you never have to the your right arm off the handle so I think it would be as fast with a bullet feeder as a dillon 650 with a case feeder and no bullet feeder.

Also I have a good amount of CCI in APS strips as is because when I bought them that's all I could find, lol. Huge coincidence huh. Don't get me started on the aggravations of the primer system with my 550………

I'm not looking to turn this into a brand X VS brand Y, was just looking for more current info on the Pro 2K, and more precisely on running a Mr. BF with it. I have not found anything in my research not to like about this press.

I load for 9MM, 40S&W, and 45 ACP, with the bulk being for 40S&W for IDPA use now. I got hooked on comp shooting. Have plans to add 300 BLK and either 357 or 44 mag to the list eventually, as everyone needs a good wheel gun, they're fun, and you don't have to chase your brass around on the floor. Also why I'm looking into casting too, revolvers and casting just seem like so much fun. I currently have Redding and Lee dies in the three calibers I first listed.

I will be restructuring my garage in the near future for my reloading endeavors and for a proper work bench area for my gunsmithing, and want to have the proper press ready to go.

FM

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
12-28-2013, 03:15 AM
You should be aware I don't use the Hornady collator, only the bullet feeder dies and I've modified them to take cast boolits.

The RCBS bullet feeder dies have plastic internals. I don't think they'll last, but who knows. I do know I've read many of the collators need tuning to work. Mr Bullet feeder is pricier, but works better.

Fire_Medic
12-28-2013, 03:49 AM
You should be aware I don't use the Hornady collator, only the bullet feeder dies and I've modified them to take cast boolits.

The RCBS bullet feeder dies have plastic internals. I don't think they'll last, but who knows. I do know I've read many of the collators need tuning to work. Mr Bullet feeder is pricier, but works better.

I sent them an email, as the bullet feeder has been re designed and now mounts to the case feeder which in this case will be non existent. Interested to see if they still offer the older design, or what can be done to mount the new one. Won't be a deal breaker for me, and I'm heavily leaning towards the RCBS press so I will update the thread with the response I get to have the information out there in case anyone else is interested. I know it's not the most popular press but seems to be what I am looking for at the time being.

6bg6ga
12-28-2013, 08:47 AM
As a person that has both the Mr. Bulletfeeder bullet dropper and the RCBS units I can attest to the fact that they both work. I bought a Mr.Bullet feeder from Rick and I can say there is a great difference in cost between the Mr. Bulletfeeder and the RCBS units. Both work fine on my XL650 Dillon and both require that they be clean when loading cast bullets. So, is one better than the other? I would have to say in terms of design and components the Mr. Bulletfeeder is ahead of the game. The question is then going to be is it worth the extra cost? Having both I can answer a no to this. If I had it to do over again I would just purchase the RCBS units. I believe I have three RCBS and one Mr. Bulletfeeder. I thought I had to have the best but in all reality they both work and do what they are supposed to do and in my mind having one with a partial brass body isn't worth the extra money.