PDA

View Full Version : A gruipe

Beekeeper
12-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Is it allright to complain about someones post here?
I have been looking at several posts where they give a link to something or somewhere only to find you have to be a member to see the item or post or it is a web site you would not visit if you could.

One I particulary wanted to look at I even signed up to see.
You have to be vetted by at least 3 mods before you can be a member and they will motify you if accepted via e-mail.
Been a month and still haven't got an answer (yea or nay).
So if you are gonna post a link please make sure it works without jumping through a bunch of hoops for nothing.

Rant over

beekeeper

Janoosh
12-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Merry Christmas and be of good cheer. And Thank You for the heads up, as I have also had that problem with certain posts.

Harter66
12-25-2013, 01:57 PM
I've found that sometimes a google search ''back door'' can allow you to read posts like that. I agree its a hassle, though maybe, if it is that kind of linked site perhaps the link poster could cut & paste the suited parts.

Merry Christmas!

Taylor
12-25-2013, 02:20 PM
I'm with you on that Beekeeper! Might just want to look at the pictures.

RED333
12-25-2013, 02:45 PM
I as well dont like the links for Facebook, I do not do Facebook.
That said, if the link lets me see the content all is good.

Bad Water Bill
12-25-2013, 03:46 PM
I have clicked onto several offered links only to have my "AVAST" security block it as ???

Since I know nothing about correcting spam etc I paid good money for that protection and Do PAY ATTENTION.

Fortunately someone generally copies and pastes the article a couple of posts later.

WILCO
12-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Fortunately someone generally copies and pastes the article a couple of posts later.

I've noticed that too.

HNSB
12-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Forums that require registration to see content are shooting themselves in the foot if they are concerned about growing their communities.

Rfieldbuilds
12-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Yes. Agreed. I find this has been true on too many of the forums I've considered joining. Text without pics don't allow a reader to see the intent of the posters comments. It's like a PB&J without the bread...

starmac
12-25-2013, 07:00 PM
It's Christmas, no griping today. lol

dbosman
12-25-2013, 07:40 PM
I'll offer this. Some folks registered at sites so long ago, they forgot their registration info is cached in their browser. For them, the site just works. They won't know there is an issue until someone tells them or they get a new computer and can't get to the site them selves.

Bullshop Junior
12-25-2013, 09:31 PM
I usually just try to copy and paste the content, or take a screen shot since I use my phone mostly, and post it as a picture.

blackthorn
12-26-2013, 01:06 PM
Most times, if there is a link posted I just move on. Too much trouble/hassel for me to bother with.

w5pv
12-27-2013, 08:05 AM
I agree with blackthorn,I hate it when you have to click on several different themes to get to where you want to go.

contender1
12-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Quite often, I too just ignore posts (on any forum) that have very little info & just a link. Even when I may want to see what is being offered.
Links get you to places you may not want to go, or get you spam, malware etc.
As such, I rarely post a link to anyplace unless I give a lot of details as to why.

KCSO
12-27-2013, 10:27 AM
I too ignore most linked posts as being more trouble than they are worth. I won't e bay or face book so that cuts out 90 percent right there.

Blacksmith
12-27-2013, 08:06 PM
If it is just a link without a summary or sample I will generally ignore them unless it is a link or links posted as an answer to someones specific question.

The "Hay look at this" followed by a link just gets skipped. If it isn't worth your time to tell me why I would want to click a link then it isn't worth my time to look. I have been disappointed too many times in the past.

Love Life
12-27-2013, 08:18 PM
^^Amen.

Down South
12-28-2013, 12:38 AM
I don't know how best to describe it but I rarely click on links. I think it's a combination of being lazy and/or uninterested enough to bother.