PDA

View Full Version : Christmas

Beekeeper
12-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Many years ago when I was (17) young and foolish I joined the Military.
I spent 25 years 7 months and 14 days in the service.
During that time I spent 5 Christmases and 4 New years at home.
Now there are only the wife and I here and Christmas is still a Bah-Humbug time of year for me.

Old Uncle Sugar always seemed to send me one one of his all expense paid tours of the far east about that time or I was in training somewhere and could not be spared to go home to spend Christmas with the wife and kids.Has a tendancy to kill any spirit or feeling for the time!!

To those of you that have had a family life with wife and children I wish you a merry Christmas .
For me It will just be another day of beer , the old lady, and TV

beekeeper

WILCO
12-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Life is what we make of it. Not saying that's easily done, but it's true.

Best wishes to you Beekeeper.

blackthorn
12-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Gail and I have a blended family. Between us we have 5 kids. We are both on our second marriage and we live a minimum of 3 hours from the closest kid. In late November we went to the coast and delivered Christmas gifts to her side of the family. I saw mine in October when we went hunting and at Christmas I just send them a cheque so they get whatever they really want/need. So for Christmas day there is just the two of us and the phone to wish each kid a merry Christmas. Works for us! Had a great day! So --- yes it is what you make of it. Hope everyone did as well as we did!