PDA

View Full Version : Hello Lord it's me....

41mag
12-24-2013, 06:45 AM
I realize I haven't been quite as in touch as I should have been her of late. As you know however I have been trying to work and keep track of the health issues with mom.

She's is a trooper and has put up a good fight through all of the issues here of late. I'm coming to you this morning to ask you for strength for her to help continue this fight. She is in pretty rough shape but greets each morning with a smile even with the pain, and the other issues she has. I cannot say that I could be as strong.

I am asking for strength to hold things together and be as strong for her as she has been for all of us. It is all I can do to keep a straight face all the while knowing that each time we part might be the last.

We will be together tomorrow in celebration of the birth of your son Jesus Christ. I will again be calling upon you for strength for not only myself but for her to be strong int he coming weeks. She is not afraid of leaving this place Lord as she know what a wonderful place awaits her. She is however so worried about the rest of us as she always has been.

I'm asking that you come to her and set her fears and worries at ease. Give her the confidence that we will carry on in her absence and will have the courage and strength that she has instilled in us through the years.

I am also asking that you watch over us as we travel to see her in the days and weeks ahead that she doesn't have to worry about that as well.

I come to you as a humbled man in your presence o Lord and only ask for peace for mom.

w5pv
12-24-2013, 08:05 AM
Good Post Mike/Tx,I take it that your mom is sick.Prayers for her and you

imashooter2
12-24-2013, 08:39 AM
Amen.

Wayne Smith
12-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Amen, amen.

Bo1
12-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Lord, I Lift up Mike and his mom, as well as his whole family to you, and ask you to bless them, and give them peace...
In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Charlie Two Tracks
12-24-2013, 10:22 AM
I stand in agreement with all of the above. Please grant them your peace and strength. In Jesus name.

41mag
12-24-2013, 02:31 PM
I sincerely appreciate the thoughts prayers from you all, so much, from the bottom of my heart.

W5, Yes she is at the end of the rope with her knot tied tight and holding on. She has had a rough couple of months no doubt, but her strength and determination inspire me each time we visit.

She was admitted into the hospital and diagnosed a month and a half ago with congestive heart failure. She got rid of almost 5 liters of fluid and was improving each day. She also had some infection on her legs and ankles which also were in bad shape then and they also started to improve after the hospital for about a week. Then things started to slide downhill fast. She was readmitted into the hospital this time with renal failure presumably due to the meds for the fluid. So we also found out the sores had taken on a staff infection as well.

They had to back her off the meds for the fluid to keep her kidneys from shutting down all together, and they started her on another type. The staff was being treated with IV high potency antibiotics which seemed to turn them around pretty quick. She had over 3 liters drained from her right side and lung one morning and was watched over until late that evening and allowed to go home. She went in for a check up the following week and the Dr said that if she continued to build fluid she could pretty much count on 6-8 weeks at best. The Dr switched her meds again giving her a lower dose but hopefully easier on her system and more effective for the fluid build up. Today she got up by herself, and when she weighed she had gone from around 113 down to around 106 which was all fluid weight so it is helping out with that. She will have to wait until next week to see if it is having any undesirable effects on her kidneys.

Hospice has been called in as it allows her to be cared for actually better than what she was receiving at the hospital. Plus most anything she will need can be brought to her verses her having to go somewhere else. She is still walking a razors edge and any little thing could easily take her right now. She is simply so weak from everything else.

If she can keep the fluid buildup down this will give her a chance to recover some from the rest of the issues and hopefully give a better fighting chance of some extended time here with us. If not well she will be home with the Lord in a pretty short time.

Bad Water Bill
12-24-2013, 03:31 PM
My mom was 95 and developed the same sort of illnesses.

Three trips to the hospital in three months left her with both arms blackened from the shoulder down from the I Vs.

As we left the hospital for the last time I asked mom if she wanted to go there again.

We all have to go at some time so let me go was her answer.

I am proud to say my Mom passed away in her own home in her own bed in her sleep.

I still miss her and still wonder how she and Dad managed to do all of the things they did for us kids.

May you and yours enjoy the time that is left.

RED333
12-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Lord, thank you for another day,
please look after all of us as we need you help everyday,
Lord, thank you for another day.

buckwheatpaul
12-24-2013, 11:09 PM
May the Lord wrap his loving arms around your mother and yourself. May he heal and protect her....Amen

Bzcraig
12-25-2013, 12:00 AM
It's obvious your mothers strength has been instilled in you as you stand in the gap for her. I pray your family be comforted as you walk through this difficult time. Sounds like mom is looking forward to her eternity and the waiting arms of our Savior!

gunoil
12-25-2013, 12:34 AM
hes listening and will help. Amen. just lost my mom thanksgiving and he helped us all.

missionary5155
12-26-2013, 06:19 AM
Good morning
I will be praying for you Brother. May our God of Peace do as He knows is the Best. May we all enter into where He leads with a joyful heart.
Mike in Peru

smoked turkey
12-26-2013, 08:46 PM
Mike I know the Lord has heard the prayers of His saints here. I also know he is touched by our infirmities and will move in our behalf if we but ask. So Lord I join with the others in asking for healing for mom and peace upon all in the family. I have been where you are brother and it is never easy. The Lord will grant you His peace and strength for this time.

Pinsnscrews
12-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Added to my nightly list Mike, and to the prayers already spoke, Amen

mhat
12-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Praying for your mom and your entire family. I'm not very good with words, but I am good at praying. So with that, I'll be on my knees a little longer today.

Mark

41mag
12-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Well I wanted to throw out a huge load of gratitude for the words spoken here.

About the whole family went down to see Mom on Christmas. The wife and I had been there the previous Sunday and to be honest, she looked as if she might not make it through the week.

Christmas morning however she was up, and dressed herself, and sitting bright eyed and bushy tailed at the kitchen table waiting on us to arrive. I have to say the difference was night and day. She had lost most of the fluid build up which was really hitting her hard, and was eating more like normal than she had in previous weeks.

We all know it can go the other way really quick, but the way she is bouncing back we're holding out for the long run.

Again a HUGE thanks to you all for your thoughts and words to our most holy Father above. He has given rise to hope again.