PDA

View Full Version : Universal pistol sight pusher

yotatrd4x4
12-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Does anybody have a sight pusher that I could borrow or rent. I put this over in the wtb but I guess it should be here. I got a set of Ameriglo pro I dot sights for my Glock and need a sight pusher for them. I would just use a small hammer and punch but these are tritium night sights so I would rather not risk ruining an $80 set of sights with a punch and hammer.

RED333
12-23-2013, 10:11 PM
You will ruin the factory sights taking them out.
I have put the new sights in on 3 of our Glocks with a brass punch with no worries.
2 were Ameriglos and a set of Trigacons.

yotatrd4x4
12-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Thanks good to know. I know the factory plastic will be ruined. I don't care about the plastic ones on it as they are terribly soft plastic anyway. I just don't want to risk messing up my new sights.

MtGun44
12-24-2013, 02:44 AM
Send this guy the money and you will be happy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Handgun-Front-Rear-Sight-Pusher-Universal-Sight-Tool-GLOCK-SIG-1911-others-/171195736658?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27dc0fa252

I have one, have used it on a 1911 and it worked very well. Also did a HiStd Sport King, worked well.

Bill

yotatrd4x4
12-24-2013, 04:11 AM
Hey thanks I found one similar to that but didn't buy it since its $60. I will prob go with the actual one at sightpusher.com. Looks exactly the same. I don't do ebay ever since they took away gun parts on their site I won't support them ever again.

BCB
12-24-2013, 07:16 AM
It appears the ones shown on the links posted here are specific to a particular handgun...

I have several Model 94's, a 336, and an old Marlin 1892...

They have dovetail front sights. Do they make a sight pusher for these that might work on all of them?...

Thanks...BCB

RED333
12-24-2013, 11:06 AM
I just might have to pick up the one on ebay myself, thanks for the link.

yotatrd4x4
12-24-2013, 11:30 PM
BCB I'm not sure but you could make blocks to fit those rifles I would assume. If I were not using tritium ( glass ) inserts I would just do hammer and brass or plastic punch as it wot hurt the brass or steel sights. Sight pushers are mainly for sights that can be damaged such as night sights.

yotatrd4x4
12-26-2013, 02:05 AM
Ok fellars I got the sights installed pretty easily. I got the Ameriglo Pro I dot sights. They have 1 tritium in the rear and 1 up front with the front sight having a big orange circle around the insert. The rear is all black with small insert in center. Wide notch in rear. I used 3/16 but driver for the front sight. I had to chuck it in my drill and spin it against a file to thin it enough at the mouth to fit but it worked great and it came in a bit set I bought so I never used it for anything else. The rear fit almost halfway in with no filing so I used a old wire brush with wooden handle and cut it down to about 3 inches and used it as my punch. Wrapped slide in leather and clamped it in my vise not super tight just enough to hold it. Took very light taping to get it centered. It's about .199 on one side and .193 on the other. I figure that is probably close enough for combat sights. .006 is prob no where near enough to matter on normal ranges. I may fine tune it if I need to.

BCB
12-26-2013, 09:11 AM
BCB I'm not sure but you could make blocks to fit those rifles I would assume. If I were not using tritium ( glass ) inserts I would just do hammer and brass or plastic punch as it wot hurt the brass or steel sights. Sight pushers are mainly for sights that can be damaged such as night sights.

Yea, that is what I presently do...

But, I thought with a pusher I could control the movement of the sight a bit better...

Although I have managed quite well with the "hammer" method...

Thanks...BCB

yotatrd4x4
12-26-2013, 06:25 PM
BCB,
It seems if we are careful and we make sure the sights are a decent fit like if they will work into the dovetail about halfway a small hammer will do nicely without damaging anything. I was suprised how close I got my sights that way. I know its a little more important on a rifle since you shoot past 15 or 20yds so I see what you mean. I may order one of those pusher anyway just to have it that way if I want to try it I can.