PDA

View Full Version : 8" Steel Target from 200 yards Sounds Great.

kungfustyle
12-23-2013, 03:35 PM
I started casting boolits to load my Mauser because I couldn't find ammo. I started w/ 16g of h2400. Then got some SR4759. This has gone from a plinking load to some serious stuff. Today I was trying out my Mosin Nagnat and my M48 Mauser at 200 yards on an 8" plate of steel. I guessed the bullet would drop about 13 inches at that distance and adjusted for the wind a few inches and let her fly. The Mosin rang the bell all day and the Mauser was hit and miss because of the iron sights. That plate is very small at 200 yards....I got the bullet info from hand-load's ballistic calculator, however they were only dropping about 6 or 8 inches not 13. I used a wooden saw horse to mount my target on, and 3 rounds hit the top beam and punched through it with a nice clean hole on the way in and about 1" hole on the way out. Great day and a lot of fun....First time that I put my cast boolits to an impressive test and wow! Just a thanks to all the info that I've gotten from this site for a great new hobby.

Reloader06
12-28-2013, 12:54 AM
Sounds like a fantastic day. Merry Christmas.

Matt

TCLouis
12-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Sure beats a day in the house watching t or playing on the puter, unless of course it is a rainout.