3 parts toilet bowl seal petroleum wax
1 part canola oil
canola cause its to thick otherwise.
1 1/8" 5 shots at 65yds and cleaning a breeze. No build up like BB

R.M.
11-26-2007, 12:10 PM
:lovebooli

Gotta try this stuff.
Do you suppose that "3 parts toilet bowl seal petroleum wax" could be beeswax?????

R.M.

charger 1
11-26-2007, 03:48 PM
:lovebooli

Gotta try this stuff.
Do you suppose that "3 parts toilet bowl seal petroleum wax" could be beeswax?????

R.M.

On our seals up here it says petroleum wax. This stuff turned out real neat. When ya put it on it'l turn almost to a solid, then as soon as you move it the tiniest amount(doesnt matter how) it starts to liquify immediately. Then when you stop moving it, it goes semi solid again. Hell its almost as fun as playing with a glob of mercury[smilie=p:

charger 1
11-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Oh just watch the heat. To much and the lanolin will be smokin before the wax melts in

mooman76
11-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Toilet seals used to be made from bees wax but I am told they are a petolium by product now. Parafine wax is also a patrolium by product. I'd use bees wax myself if you could get some at a good price!

JeffinNZ
11-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Speaking as someone who has chased and had to catch a few sheep in my day I can testify to how slippery lanoline is.

No sheep jokes please.................[smilie=1:

birdhunters
11-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Knew a fella that went over to his neighbors to get some pure lanilon from his neighbors wife. Boy was the neighbor guy upset when he walked in on the middle of production. LOL

oldfart
11-27-2007, 08:14 PM
hmmm thats just wrong

charger 1
11-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Knew a fella that went over to his neighbors to get some pure lanilon from his neighbors wife. Boy was the neighbor guy upset when he walked in on the middle of production. LOL

Any pics [smilie=1:

Lloyd Smale
11-28-2007, 07:29 AM
i played a while with something simular.
4 parts lanolin
4 parts beeswax
1 part jojoba oil
seemed to work fine but was a little to soft. I never fooled with it again to stiffen it up but im sure it could have been made into a good lube.

charger 1
11-28-2007, 08:29 AM
i played a while with something simular.
4 parts lanolin
4 parts beeswax
1 part jojoba oil
seemed to work fine but was a little to soft. I never fooled with it again to stiffen it up but im sure it could have been made into a good lube.

Once again my ignorance surfaces...Whats jojoba oil Lloyd? Never heard of it

wills
11-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Oil from Jojoba plants.

Jojoba (Simmodsia chinensis (Link) Schneider) is a perennial woody shrub native to the semiarid regions of southern Arizona, southern California and northwestern Mexico. Jojoba (pronounced ho-HO-ba) is being cultivated to provide a renewable source of a unique high-quality oil

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/afcm/jojoba.html

testhop
11-28-2007, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE=Lloyd Smale;251178]i played a while with something simular.
4 parts lanolin
4 parts beeswax
1 part jojoba oil
seemed to work fine but was a little to soft. I never fooled with it again to stiffen it up but im sure it could have been made into a good lube.[/QUO

Lloyd how would it work as a patch lube :castmine:

tom :coffee:

felix
11-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Jojoba is too expensive for lube at 100 bucks per gallon. The felix lube made for distribution has about 5 percent by volume. Perfect for taking the stickies out of lanolin when used 50-50 or thereabouts. Rub anhydrous lanolin over elbows, knees, ankles, etc., and then rub it off with jojoba until smooth. Let dry on its own. Bed time technique. ... felix

R.M.
11-29-2007, 01:22 PM
I just brewed some up. I split into 2 batches. The first as with 3 parts cream, 3 parts beeswax, and 1 part canola oil. The second batch has olive oil in it. They're both cooling right now.
I never considered it, but this stuff wants to be good, for the cost. The nipple cream is $10.00 for a 2 oz tube. I sure won't be using it in my revolvers. I'll save it for the rifles.
I might try another batch (ya, I know I'm a brute for punishment), and use less lanolin and more oil. It'll reduce the cost by quite a bit.

R.M.

Maven
11-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Would Bag Balm or other similar preparations for cow udders work too since they have a high lanolin content and are much cheaper than the drugstore "boob lube"?

charger 1
11-29-2007, 02:09 PM
See when it comes to doin things accurate I dont look at cost. Besides look on the bright side. You did get to go in and ask for nipple cream....Kinda puts ya in touch with yer feminine side[smilie=1:

11-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Made up a batch of your boob lube last night. Wal-Mart was my source for the Lanolin & Canola oil. Had some beeswax knocking around on the work bench. Easy as could be. Seems like it will be a very nice lube. Always interested home made stuff.