PDA

View Full Version : GRILLED pb&j

labradigger1
12-21-2013, 09:18 PM
I was talking with a fella i work with thursday and he mentioned grilled pb&j's, so tonight i tried a couple. Gotta say i liked it. First one i ate w/ strawberry jelly and crunchy pb (peanut butter / not lead).
2nd one was the same but i added pancake syrup. If you like pb on pancakes you will LOVE this one. Give it a try, you might like it.
Lab

Outpost75
12-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Instead of that sweet jam, next time smear one side of bread with tomatillo sauce, slice of onion and a slice of pepper jack, when grill until the cheese melts.

Smear the other side with crunchy peanut butter, top with bacon and a dash of Texas Pete! Grill until the peanut butter melts.

Put'em together and let the bacon fat, melted cheese, peanut butter and chili run down your chin and smile!

Hardcast416taylor
12-22-2013, 06:25 PM
I can hear those arteries slamming shut way up here!Robert

TES
12-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Instead of that sweet jam, next time smear one side of bread with tomatillo sauce, slice of onion and a slice of pepper jack, when grill until the cheese melts.

Smear the other side with crunchy peanut butter, top with bacon and a dash of Texas Pete! Grill until the peanut butter melts.

Put'em together and let the bacon fat, melted cheese, peanut butter and chili run down your chin and smile!

Dang...I think I know what kind of magic is going to be happening in bed tonight!!!!

Sweetpea
12-22-2013, 06:51 PM
You guys have all these good ideas, and then go screw it up with half-ground peanut butter...

mikeym1a
12-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Momma used to make us a treat of toasted bread with PB added when it first came out of the toaster, we could add jelly if we wanted. I still do that today, occasionally. Sure is good. Did you grill yours outside, or in the toaster oven? :-)

Outpost75
12-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Outside on the grill is best, but cast iron frypan or griddle also works well.

Do the bacon ahead, in the oven, lay on the broiler, to catch and save the grease. Cover with a spatter screen. 375 degs.F for 20 minutes +/- depending on how crispy you like your bacon.

MaryB
12-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Add bacon to the original, dip it all in beaten egg then grill.

MT Gianni
12-22-2013, 10:58 PM
If you like warm PB heat a tortilla and put grilled hot dog and some peanut butter on it.

labradigger1
12-22-2013, 11:33 PM
If you like warm PB heat a tortilla and put grilled hot dog and some peanut butter on it.

Say what?
i dont knock anything until i try it though, for instance
fried hotdogs with grape jelly ( its da bomb)
Meatballs with grape jelly mixed with the meat

Outpost75
12-22-2013, 11:45 PM

Yes, and with green tomatilla sauce on the dog instead of mustard, and abit of minced onion!

Newtire
12-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Back when I was growing up, my mom used to make grilled Velveeta sandwiches (we thought this and Limburgher were the two cheeses that there were). I hated Velveeta so she used to make grilled peanut butter for me.