PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Old Model Blackhawk transfer bar UN-conversion help needed

robpete
12-21-2013, 07:38 PM
I sent my three screw into Ruger a while back for refinishing and they did the transfer bar update. Fortunately, they sent back all of the original parts. I had them all re-blued(salt) and am now ready to put her back to original. I've been looking for videos or tutorials and have been coming up empty. Please help

06ackley
12-21-2013, 09:00 PM
If you have the original manual it shows how in there.There are also several you tube videos on the subject.I did my own and I will tell you it is very simple to do if you pay attention when taking your revolver apart.The new ones don't compare to the old 3 screw with original lock work.

robpete
12-21-2013, 09:21 PM
I don't have the original manual and couldn't find a youtube video.....that's what lead me to post here. Thanks for your respone though. I'm glad it's not too difficult.

06ackley
12-21-2013, 10:39 PM
I know you can download a copy of the manual from rugers website.Another place that is very helpful is rugerforum.com.To be honest though if you take your time and see where the parts are in the gun it is pretty simple.Just mark the frame screws so they go back in the same spot.If I was smarter computer wise I would post a link to download a manual.

kenyerian
12-22-2013, 02:08 AM
That's why I wouldn't ever send any of my 3 screws back to the factory for any reason.

contender1
12-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Returning a Ruger Old Model to it's original condition is not hard. Good advice above. Ruger will send you a repro manual for free too. All you have to do is ask.
When Bill made the OM's, it was simple & effective. they are real easy compared to many others.

BACKTOSHOOTING
12-22-2013, 09:40 PM
To be honest though if you take your time and see where the parts are in the gun it is pretty simple.Just mark the frame screws so they go back in the same spot.If I was smarter computer wise I would post a link to download a manual

This and ask me how i know [smilie=b:

Doc_Stihl
12-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Take pictures as you disassemble. I learned that trick workong on trucks and I try to remember it everytime I take something apart.