PDA

View Full Version : Marlin Firearms Co. Model 90 16 ga o/u dt shotgun

bulldogarmorer
12-21-2013, 02:15 AM
I'm working on reblueing and refinishing a Marlin Firearms Co. Model 90, 16ga. o/u double trigger shotgun. Once I took the stock off, there was a small spring that fell out (specifically a torsion spring with one leg bent at a 90 degree about halfway down the leg) I believe it's part of the cocking mechanism, I still have all the parts, and a pretty good idea on where the spring belongs, but can't seem to get the little guy back in his home. I've contacted marlin, the local library, and have put in information requests to 2 other libraries, no one really has any useful information. Does anyone know where I can find either a manual on how to fix this issue, or have dealt with it in the past and knows how to do it? Thanks (have pics if needed)

Bullshop Junior
12-21-2013, 04:11 AM
Pics would be helpful.

pietro
12-22-2013, 07:49 PM

That spring should be the cocking lever spring (pt# 90-13)

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/pub/schematic/Marlin_90_schem.jpg

AFAIK, there is no repair manual available.

Green Frog
12-22-2013, 07:59 PM
If you look in the NRA book that shows takedown and reassembly for various long arms, you should find the Model 90 there. If for some reason you can't find it, contact me via PM, but I'm pretty sure it's there, and anyone doing any gunsmithing at all would be well served to own that two book set.

Regards,
Froggie

PS Parts for the Model 90 are all but non-existent. I may be buying a parts gun just to get what I need. Fortunately the spring you need should be pretty easy to wind for yourself.