PDA

View Full Version : Other server issues

bhn22
12-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Another board I frequent has been having issues too. Their server company issued this statement:
We have found multiple servers are facing wp-login attacks (where abusive users flood the servers with hundreds or thousands of requests trying to access wp-login.php files) and thus these servers are responding slower than normal through the web service. We are actively working on this issue at the moment. Please note that your websites will load slower than normal due to this problem.

It's probably not related to our issues, but perhaps we should visit the demon underground and repay the favor if this sort of thing continues.

RED333
12-20-2013, 04:40 PM
As much as I would like to, I dont even know what to do to help.
Lead wont travel well down the wire to take out their computer.

Love Life
12-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Makes me miss the good ol' days of termers and kickers freely down loaded from Glen's Hell...

jcwit
12-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Benchrest Central has been having trouble, it's now down.

Gunload Master
12-20-2013, 09:53 PM
We are not getting WP-login attacks or DDOS attacks or anything of that sort. What it boils down to is overloading the hardware (I believe RAM and HDD). I have purchased and will be getting another upgraded server which is in the works hopefully tomorrow and may be up as soon as tomorrow night or Sunday. I do believe we have some faulty hardware in this server, but I am upgrading all components so this will not happen again. I apologize for the long downtimes this week.

btroj
12-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Nothing to apologize for. This site runs so well that when we get any downtime or slow response that we freak out.

This place is awesome because we have awesome hosts and staff. We are nothing without those

RED333
12-20-2013, 10:35 PM
As I am a bit slow at times, this is flying.

bhn22
12-20-2013, 10:38 PM
We are not getting WP-login attacks or DDOS attacks or anything of that sort. What it boils down to is overloading the hardware (I believe RAM and HDD). I have purchased and will be getting another upgraded server which is in the works hopefully tomorrow and may be up as soon as tomorrow night or Sunday. I do believe we have some faulty hardware in this server, but I am upgrading all components so this will not happen again. I apologize for the long downtimes this week.

What a buzzkill! You're taking all the fun out of this.

bangerjim
12-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the support! We appreciate this site and all you do to keep it running.

I know some have expressed the concern of the greenies/gun-grabbers doing exactly what was described above. But you would know if it is happening!

Keep up the excellent work!

bangerjim

Garyshome
12-20-2013, 11:40 PM
I thought something like that was going on.

Gunload Master
12-20-2013, 11:53 PM
What a buzzkill! You're taking all the fun out of this.

What I meant to say was the government is watching the server from a remote satellite, but I just put a tin foil hat over the server so we are free and running once again....... :ĺ

btroj
12-21-2013, 12:02 AM
Awesome!

Do we need to take up a collection to buy more foil for the server?

bhn22
12-21-2013, 12:50 AM
What I meant to say was the government is watching the server from a remote satellite, but I just put a tin foil hat over the server so we are free and running once again....... :ĺ

Better, better...

s mac
12-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Awesome!

Do we need to take up a collection to buy more foil for the server? Now there's a thought.

MtGun44
12-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Congratulations, again, on the new server. Excellent performance.

Well done. Do we need to pass the hat?

Bill

btroj
12-22-2013, 01:29 PM
If we pass the hat it best have foil on it otherwise some members won't contribute.

Just saying......

missionary5155
12-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Greetings
And I thought a server still carried trays loaded with LLama burgers at the local diner.
Mike in Peru

William Yanda
12-22-2013, 02:08 PM
My dentist has converted totally to digital. As their choice for lead disposal, I am the recipient of a box-about 60 # of lead aprons, 0.3mm equivalent. Some have tears in the vinyl cover. I would donate one of those for use as material for a hat for the server if that would be more effective than tin foil.