PDA

View Full Version : need case ejection primer

soldierbilly1
12-20-2013, 08:35 AM
I have a Taurus 92 that for the first 1800 rounds shucked spent cases all over the landscape. On my last range trip, all of a sudden, the cases end in nice 3 foot circle over my right shoulder! Excellent!

OK, what just happened here? why is this all of a sudden working? what controls where and how they eject? I have a few ideas in my head, but I want to hear from the more experienced. thanks for any help. I gots ta know.

billy boy

dbosman
12-21-2013, 06:00 PM
From this arm chair expert, it sound like the slide finally honed itself and the rails.

gray wolf
12-21-2013, 06:29 PM
what controls where and how they eject?
Extractor pulls the case out and the ejector sends it on it's way, the ejector face angle determines the angle out of the gun.
A bad or loose extractor can present the case differently to the ejector and the case can fly in a different direction.
A loose ejector can also cause problems. You have an external extractor if you pistol is a Beretta 92 copy.
Different loads can also alter the ejection pattern.
Make sure the ejector is still firmly attached to the frame of the gun, ( left side looking from back of the pistol.
also check the extractor for dirt and the condition of the little spring that actuates it.

soldierbilly1
12-22-2013, 11:00 AM
thanks to all! I thought either the gun worked in or maybe the extractor spring was binding or otherwise malfunctioning. I am contemplating taking it out and cleaning it up, but if it aint broke, etc!
I did some cat cleaning on the inside and outside of the extractor with a dental pick. titegroup is very sooty, maybe I will try other powders. thanks for the help.
billy boy and Merry Christmas to all CB boys and girls!