PDA

View Full Version : Speed green lube??

gray wolf
11-25-2007, 03:52 PM
I have heard some good things about speed green lube.
I have also read some post on how to make it. Mr. Bull shop said one 2- Oz. bottle of the bull plate will make a 1/2 pound of lube. If I am correct ? you add the bottle to 6 Oz. of bees wax. ( 6 Oz. of b/w to 2 Oz. of the bull plate lube makes 8 Oz. )
When I was in school that made a 1/2 pound.
I don't recall reading about how it was for the 45 A C P. Can anyone give some results on how this lube is for the 45 ?
Perhaps Dan could comment.

GW. :coffee:

leftiye
11-26-2007, 05:48 AM
.45 acp velocities and pressures are fairly mild. Soft metals and about any lube work for lots of folks, especially if for target or plinking. Speed green is supposed to be a real good cold weather lube (when some lubes don't melt well, and form gobs in the barrel). I've added bull plate lube to Lar's Carnauba red 1 to 6 to make it flow through my size without heat. I think it makes CR a better lube (hard to tell when it's so good to start with), and use it on everything.

gray wolf
11-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Thank you perhaps I should just use the C-R and call it good.

Bullshop
11-26-2007, 12:59 PM
G'Day Gents
Speed Green is a very flexable lube good for hot or cold weather and high or low pressure. It will flow from a lube sizer at room temp without heat. It was as the name says intended for speed which usually goes along with high pressure and does very well for such. Even so being fairly soft still works very well at low pressure such as would be for the 45 acp. It also works well in very cold temps as you would guess knowing where it comes from. I continue to use it downt to temps that are about all I can stand to shoot in and still call it fun that being about -20 to -30 F. At desperate times when the walls close in and I have to get out no matter what the temp I still shoot but if its really cold I may go to NASA lube which is quite some thinner than speed green.
We do have a fairley new offering now that is not yet listed on our site, we call it Speed Green C. Its the same old speed green but with carnauba added. The only differance is the addition of two oz carnauba per lb. speed green. The carnaube makes it much stiffer and less tacky but does require heat to flow well through a lube sizer.
For all around use and ease of production speed green is hard to beat.
BIC/BS

jonk
11-26-2007, 04:18 PM
I might add, it works quite nicely with blackpowder as well. I shot an all touching 5 shot group out of my 45/70 using Speed green and a duplex 4759/FFG load. It works ok out of muzzleloaders too, though while very soft as a stick lube goes, it is enough to leave globs on the end of the barrel when starting a minie- so perhaps a bit too hard for that, soft though it is. Still, once IN the barrel, it did a pretty decent job on fouling softening. I can't decide if it is better or worse than his #2 on BP fouling; but being as both are a beeswax base..... and seeing that the Bullplate lube is good stuff and is in the speed green (?).....well anyhow they are both quite nice.

gray wolf
11-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Thank's men,

all I can say is when I get 10 or 12 bucks I will order some bull plate lube I have 2 pounds of bees wax. Then I can make some speed green.
Can you imagine I gota save to get 12 bucks. Well it's very thin here now.

Phil
11-28-2007, 11:32 PM
gray wolf,

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. STILL doing it too!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta think very carefully about every buck I spend. Spend it on the Bullshop sprue plate lube, its great stuff!

Cheers,

Phil