PDA

View Full Version : Dillon precision warranty

Starvnhuntr
12-19-2013, 01:29 PM
I bought a square deal about 25 years ago. Over the years I have loaded tens of tuousands of 9mm. and 44 mag. with it with no major issues. Ive had small things break or wear out and allways had replacement parts as quick as the the mail could move them.About three weeks ago I was loading some 44 mag.and started hearing a popping noise every time pushed the handle down. Apon inspection I found that the frame had broken in front of the rear mounting bolt. I called Dillon and explained what had happened. They told me to ship the whole press so they could inspect the whole machine. I packed it carefully and included a note saying that the breakage was probably my fault for not checking the mounting bolts for tightness. Well yesterday my press showed up on my front porch and on opening the box I found what appeared to be a brand new suare deal except for the handle which was the like new original. Dillon is the best!!!!!

357maximum
12-19-2013, 02:53 PM
I AGREE.........Dillon is awesome in that department. Most people who buy the "budget brand" simply do not "GET IT" when they think they are saving a few pennies/dollars for a cheap imitation of good equipment. I will pay a bit more for quality and excellent customer service everytime I deem a product to need such a thing....the best is not always needed but it is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Dillon,RCBS,Hornady all have shown this kinda service/customer appreciation even when it was MY FAULT....not too many "fields" that show this kind of service like the GOOD GUY'S in the Handloading Equipment Industry do.

StratsMan
12-19-2013, 03:17 PM
I had the same experience with the Dillon Warranty about 12 years ago.... Lower frame broke on a 550... sent the whole thing back. They replaced the lower frame, and updated all the other out-of-date parts on the press... It was not just "repaired" for free, it was REBUILT for free...

Gotta love service like that....

r1kk1
12-19-2013, 05:47 PM
They rebuilt SD. Now it's a SDB. I dropped it off and they were surprised how old and original it was. It was in good shape just more complicated than my 550. I let them service it.

Looked like it came out of the box! Beautiful!

RCBS, Dillon, Hornady, and CH4D have done right by me.

r1kk1

r1kk1
12-19-2013, 05:48 PM
They rebuilt SD. Now it's a SDB. I dropped it off and they were surprised how old and original it was. It was in good shape just more complicated than my 550. I let them service it.

Looked like it came out of the box! Beautiful!

RCBS, Dillon, Hornady, and CH4D have done right by me.

r1kk1

gunoil
12-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Hush, i was restin here watchin tv, now you got me going to the garage and run a few thru the big D.

357maximum, your such a sweet looking person. Ya might need a lil' vit-C.

giddyupgo55
12-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Haven't dealt with Hornady but RCBS and Dillon have been good to me even if it was my scew up.

357maximum
12-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Hush, i was restin here watchin tv, now you got me going to the garage and run a few thru the big D.

357maximum, your such a sweet looking person. Ya might need a lil' vit-C.

THANKS, I was always told that as long as you are ENTHUSIASTIC the girls will like ya anyway. :mrgreen:

h8dirt
12-23-2013, 08:40 AM
For those of you that have sent a Dillion press back for service -- or upgrading to the latest spec's -- how long does it take to get your press back?

imashooter2
12-23-2013, 08:54 AM
I had the same thing happen in 2008:

http://home.comcast.net/~imashooter2/pictures/SDB-bit.jpg

I called and got an RMA number from them, no issues. But I had a couple of matches coming up so I figured maybe a thousand more to hold me over might be prudent. Hmmmm... Looked through my junk and found a distributor clamp from a 1967 Chevy straight 6. It's worked so well that it is still on my bench this way 5 years and many thousands later. Oh, the RMA is still in their system. One of their service reps asked me about it the last time I called. :)

http://home.comcast.net/~imashooter2/pictures/SDB-clamp.jpg