PDA

View Full Version : Rugeritis, Over A New Model Intro

pietro
12-19-2013, 12:42 PM
http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/images/5430.jpg

There's a video about the new LCRX, on Gunblasts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iT4X_YXwEQ&feature=youtu.be

One in .22 would do................:2_high5:

rintinglen
12-19-2013, 01:43 PM
Mud-ugly but good guns. My brother bought one of the LCR 22's, and I was flabbergasted at how well it shot. It won't make throw out my S&W Target Masterpiece, but for what it is, it is sweet. Were I not walking bowlegged with snubnose 38's already, one would find its way home with me. In fact, were they to make a 32, be it H&R or 327, I'd put my money down and get in line.

Outpost75
12-19-2013, 04:08 PM
See no point in putting a hammer spur on a concealed carry run to get caught in clothing during the draw.
The only purpose for a hammer spur is for single-action cocking, which has NO place in defensive shooting.
This is a marketing ploy to attract the intrained, ignorant wannebe mall ninjas.

Now if they would put a 3" or 4" barrel on it as a FIELD gun........

THEN having the hammer spur to take a deliberate aimed shot on Mr. Wabbit would make sense.

bhn22
12-19-2013, 04:35 PM
See no point in putting a hammer spur on a concealed carry run to get caught in clothing during the draw.
The only purpose for a hammer spur is for single-action cocking, which has NO place in defensive shooting.
This is a marketing ploy to attract the intrained, ignorant wannebe mall ninjas.

THEN having the hammer spur to take a deliberate aimed shot on Mr. Wabbit would make sense.

And put some decent sights on it!

Deep Six
12-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Or they could put the R&D hours into finally developing the .480 Super Blackhawk we've all been begging them about for the last decade. Instead they spend it developing their umpteenth version of another conceal carry 38. Did anyone else notice that they dropped the standard Redhawk from their catalog? Seems their big bore revolver line just can't get any love from the board of directors.

On a positive note they are now offering each model of the #1 in two calibers. Or maybe last years chambering will disappear from the catalog on Jan 1st...

pietro
12-19-2013, 06:19 PM

Who says it needs to be a CCW gun ?

Actually, the addition of the hammer turns it into a good Coups-de-Grace', Tackle Box or Trail Gun, even with the snub bbl.

Jupiter7
12-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Well I dig it. Not sure about everyone, but I conceal carry all the time. Never know when a well aimed single action shot may be ideal. Agreed on the ugly, still prefer old smith model 49.

btroj
12-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Yikes, is that the Janet Napolitano model?

12-19-2013, 10:49 PM
Those of you who have LCRs. Do they shoot to point of aim? I've had a couble 2 inch S&W that shoot way high and right.

MtGun44
12-20-2013, 12:18 AM
161 - Try 5 gr of Unique under a 358429 or 358477. These shoot accurately
and to POA for me, I had the same problem with EVERYTHING commercial.

Bill

gewing
01-10-2014, 12:54 AM
I have been saying a 4" version would be sweet since my dad got his first, the 38 SPL. I think a 4" .327 6 shot would be sweet. Adjustable sights would be nice, but oh well. Just the other day I was wonder in whether they will scale it up. 3" 5 shot .45 colt? :-) :-)