PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood 12 gauge die set

Alvarez Kelly
12-18-2013, 08:29 PM
I have a complete Hollywood Gun Shop 12 Gauge die set I don't need. The decap/sizing die has a micrometer type set up on it and is more than a foot tall! I'd like to see it go to one of the many Hollywood aficionados on this forum. The trouble is, I have NO idea of a fair price.

Now, this is NOT an auction. I'm not really looking for bids. I just want to gather information.

Does anyone have an educated opinion of the value of said die set?

I could text or email pics. Maybe I could post them if I could figure it out.

Oh yah... I am the second owner of a nice Hollywood Turret Tool. :-)

Pressman
12-18-2013, 09:03 PM
SWAG for value is $50.00. Just my not so humble opinion.

Ken

Alvarez Kelly
12-18-2013, 11:13 PM
Wow. I guess I figured it might be worth more than that. I guess I'm a bit disappointed.

Jim Kitchen
12-19-2013, 01:58 AM
A set sold this past week on eBay for $150. The item number was 190996235287 if you want to compare what sold with what you have.

Good luck,

Jim

LUBEDUDE
12-20-2013, 01:04 AM
AK- to my knowledge there are 3 different Hollywood shot shell die configurations. And with the micrometer die which is called the Multi-tool, it does not resize while decapping. The resizing is done with the wad guide and shell holder with the ball bearings. So pics would be best to see which set you have and if it is indeed actually complete.
They did make a reg "shorty" die that decaps. I have not personally tried one to see if it resizes. I would think that it should.

To me none of these sets are worth more than $100. However, as Jim Kitchen has shown, to others that is not the case.

Alvarez Kelly
12-20-2013, 01:36 AM
AK- to my knowledge there are 3 different Hollywood shot shell die configurations. And with the micrometer die which is called the Multi-tool, it does not resize while decapping. The resizing is done with the wad guide and shell holder with the ball bearings. So pics would be best to see which set you have and if it is indeed actually complete.
They did make a reg "shorty" die that decaps. I have not personally tried one to see if it resizes. I would think that it should.

To me none of these sets are worth more than $100. However, as Jim Kitchen has shown, to others that is not the case.

Thank you that info. I think the one largest die, along with the special shellholder, decaps, sizes, and acts as a wad guide, but it makes sense that you cant do all theses things at the same time.

I'll try to get a photo or 2 this weekend and email them to you. I'm am fairly certain this is a complete set, as I got it from the estate of the original owner.

Alvarez Kelly
12-20-2013, 01:37 AM
Double post

Kevin Rohrer
12-20-2013, 06:59 PM
I agree with Lubedude on the value.