PDA

View Full Version : NOE 288407 or Lee 7mm soupcan?

sghart3578
12-18-2013, 04:39 PM
I'm asking for opinions from you guys on these two molds for a milsurp 7X57. My rifle slugs at .276 X .287. Thanks in advance.

Whiterabbit
12-18-2013, 05:47 PM
At this point, with minimal load development done, (very, very minimal), I'm kinda liking the NOE more. Which is kind of a bummer, I bought the soupcan.

I don't mind though, they both shoot better than the RCBS, which I was kinda hoping would shoot better. Regardless, it's pretty close (soupcan to hunter), and I think with some effort I'll make the soupcan shoot better. Which is not to say I wouldn't trade someone today if they wanted my 6 cav soupcan for a 5 cav NOE hunter. But I'm sure I'll make a real shooter out of the soupcan yet :)

caveats: I'm shooting a modern (MarkX) and using H4895. development could be done for 50 yard shooting, it's pretty good. 100 yards is poor and my goal is to shoot a smidge father still.

Whiterabbit
12-18-2013, 05:54 PM
shoot, I didn't see 288407, not the hunter. I've tried a similar bullet (saeco I think?) that had promise, but only shot a very small handful. Seemed OK though. No complaints. Would treat just like a hunter bullet.

Sorry about the lack of reading comprehension on the first pass!