PDA

View Full Version : Remington model 81 problelm

gl89aw
12-17-2013, 10:16 PM
I recently bought a really nice looking Remington model 81 in .35 Rem. but it does have a severe jamming problem. About 50 - 75 per cent of the time the bolt head will start rotating before it gets to the barrel extension and the locking lugs bang into the barrel extension instead of entering it and then rotating to lock up. Any help would be greatly appreciated if anyone has fixed this type problem before.

reed1911
12-18-2013, 12:19 PM
There should be a guide pin that aligns the head, either the pin is worn or the channel is worn.

scb
12-18-2013, 08:40 PM
There is a bolt lock (or there is suppose to be) in the bolt carrier that holds the bolt in proper alignment until it is in the proper position to rotate. It may be missing, broken or worn.

gl89aw
12-19-2013, 12:30 AM
Thanks everyone for the advise/suggestions. I think I have finally figured it out, I tore it down and the firing pin spring had a severe kink in it and was not putting much pressure on the bolt head to keep it from rotating back from inertia when the bolt slams forward. I am going to take it to the range tomorrow and see if it is fixed. I will update with the results. Thanks Again.