PDA

View Full Version : Rifles, no Books

Dan Cash
12-16-2013, 10:29 PM
I have inherited these rifles:
Diana
Air Arms TX 200
Beeman Millennium in green

There are no books with these guns. What kind of seals do they have? Are they worth anything?

Thanks in advance.

HARRYMPOPE
12-16-2013, 11:16 PM
Tx is a work if art.easy to rebuild and accurate beyond belief.Vortex had seals for the tx and most Diana.I wish I inherited the TX! It's worth a minimum of $375 and closer to $450 if walnut.

Silver Eagle
12-17-2013, 08:50 AM
Depends on the condition, model and caliber. Do some web searches for the models and find out the details about them. Bound to be someone that has one or is selling one.
I would definitely keep the TX 200 as it is a beautiful piece and an arm to be handed down for generations. Same might go for the Diana depending on the model.

grizzlyadams
12-17-2013, 11:10 AM
the beeman millennium is by no means a slouch either.what model is the diana? sounds like whoever you inherited them from had great taste in airguns! the tx200 is the most accurate production springer made. is the beeman an hw97? or an r9 breakbarrel?

Dan Cash
12-17-2013, 02:53 PM
the beeman millennium is by no means a slouch either.what model is the diana? sounds like whoever you inherited them from had great taste in airguns! the tx200 is the most accurate production springer made. is the beeman an hw97? or an r9 breakbarrel?
The Beeman is an HW97, the Diana is a model 36. Both the Beeman and the TX are virtually in new condition. The Diana is in excellent condition with no dings or wear marks, it just does not look as pristeen as the other two.

Harry Pope,
The TX is walnut and rather pretty.

I was asking about the seals in regard to lubricating them. They have been idle for several years as they were my son's. He had good taste in guns but it some what exceeded his income.

GBertolet
12-17-2013, 06:07 PM
The 97k Centennial is every bit as good, maybe better than the TX200 is according to some. It's just a matter of subjective opinion. As far as accuracy potential and workmanship goes, both are winners. JM at Air Rifle Headquarters has all the seals and springs you will need for rebuilds. http://www.airguns.citymax.com/page/page/251327.htm I will search my archives for the owners manual for the 97k.

GBertolet
12-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Here's the link to download a owners manual for the HW77/97k. There is not much to it, but that's all HW gives with the airgun. That's all that came with mine.
http://cdn.pyramydair.com/site/manuals/Beeman-HW97-MKIII-Air-Rifle.pdf

roysha
12-17-2013, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=Dan Cash;2528726]
I was asking about the seals in regard to lubricating them.

Now some folks will disagree with me but this is what I tell anyone that comes into the shop and asks that question.

If you are referring to lubing the seals DON'T! This can potentially cause, at best, dieseling and at worst detonation which will ruin these quality guns, or any other springer for that matter, in very short order. I'm sure these guns are new enough that they have synthetic seals and if they did have leather seals that were so dried out they needed "soaking" I personally would replace them.

Unless these guns have been subjected to some unusual storage conditions, they should be Ok as is, with perhaps a very light application of lube to some of the hinge parts. Even that should be done sparingly. I have a Diana 36 that has well over 1000 pellets, 4+ tins, through it over the last 3-4 years and it has only been lubed when I lube tuned it.

Dan Cash
12-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Fellows,
Thank you so much for your replies. When it comes to air guns, I am a rank amature. Don't know if these guns will be played with or go on the market. They have been in the closet since 2007.

backroad
12-17-2013, 09:39 PM
The man you inherited these guns from had very good taste you hit the jackpot.

HARRYMPOPE
12-17-2013, 10:58 PM
I have an 36 and its a rather odd one to run across these days but a real looker.
Your TX should group 1/2" at 50 yards.I have never owned a HW 97 but i imagine the accuracy is the same.
I am jealous of your Walnut TX! You need to shoot the TX and 97 and decide the one you want to keep and send the other to me.

George

W.R.Buchanan
12-24-2013, 08:16 PM
DAN: Yes these guns are virtually new so the sales pricing on them should be very close to new cost. Go to www.pyramydair.com and look up each one and see what they go for.

Really you should just get into shooting them. You're a shooter and these guns make shooting at home very enjoyable, and you could extract some of the value by using them as intended.

When selling things like this you seldom get what they're worth on the resale.

I just paid $400 recently for a Beeman Select R1 in pristine condition which should have gone for at least $600+. I got a deal, but he also had the gun up for sale at 5 different gun shows and on line with no takers for nearly 10 months. Unless you find the right kind of person to buy these you are going to have sit on them or to settle for less,,, a lot less. Most people who would be interested in buying them are not going to know very much about airguns, and as a result are not going to be willing to pay that much for the gun.

This is a very narrow market.

Just shoot them a little and you'll be hooked, do a little research. If you live on a farm they are the hot tip for shooting rats and the like in your barn and pigeons as well. Also shooting Starlings, and Crows is great fun.

Randy

Dan Cash
12-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the advice, Randy. I really had not considered selling them as they don't take up a lot of room. I shoot the break barrel Diana from time to time in the basement as it has open sights on it. The TX and HW 97 have scopes. If they get much shooting, I will have to find some aperture sights so I can get some BPCR practice on the cheap. I live in the country and can shoot in any direction safely unless there is a cow in the way but things go better in the basement in the winter. Today, for instance, we have a blizzard moving in with 50 mph wind. If I can find some .20 pellets in my stash, I will have some 10M fun.
Dan

W.R.Buchanan
12-28-2013, 02:06 PM
I have a friend in Fargo ND I talked to earlier this week and he said it was -20F.

Basement sounds good to me.

I don't know where those readings are on a thermometer. It is going to be 80F here in SoCal today. I can't believe that either.

Must be Global Warming?

Randy

Dan Cash
12-28-2013, 07:38 PM
R.Buchanan, Must be Global Warming?----------------------
I only wish the globe was warming. We call this area of ND the banana belt. It is warmer than elsewhrere in the state but still cold as an icebox chicken. It was so cold last week that the out house froze up and we had to use the indoor plumbing.