PDA

View Full Version : Passed up a beauty this weekend

Gibbs44
12-15-2013, 10:56 PM
I went to Mackey's Ferry this weekend between Jamesville and Williamston here in NC. I saw several rifles this weekend that piqued my interest. The one that stuck with me though, and I wish I had the cabbage to lay down, was a Uberti Highwall in .30-30. It was definitely used, but other than a few blems (a scratch on the barrel, and some surface rust around the front sight) it seemed to be in pretty good shape. It looked to have a 28 or 30 inch octagonal barrel. If I'm not sadly mistaken I believe the price was around $800.00. It really was something to look at, didn't take any pictures though.

Other than the fact that I liked it, I don't know anything about these firearms, has anyone had any run ins with one of these? Did you like it/hate it, trade it in for something at the described location?

I just thought I'd share, and if anyone's been looking for something like that well, now you know where one is. They also had a nice Ruger No.1 45-70 in stainless, it would have been a tossup if I'd had 1000 extra bucks laying around. Wrong time of year for me though.

Thanks,

Sully

nhrifle
12-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Those are good guns. The one I had was one of the best paper patch shooters I have ever used. Mine was in 45/70 with a 30" octagon barrel and was a thing of beauty. I love the Sharps I traded it for, but I still miss it!