PDA

View Full Version : looking for a top punch

450 racer
12-14-2013, 11:59 PM
I am trying to locate a Lyman 263 top punch I was told to talk to Kieth the professor to make one but I can not find him on the member list any one know how I can contact him?

12-15-2013, 12:10 AM
His forum handle is theperfessor.

If he's back into production, order a few to have available for any future nose profiles you might need.

Sweetpea
12-15-2013, 12:30 AM
It sounds like it will be several months before he is back at it.

He has a quality product at a good price, he just needs to get his health in order.

Gliden07
12-18-2013, 11:01 PM
If you can wait till he's back he makes real nice stuff with upgrades to them like no set screws!! I bought some of his top punches and the magnetic wrench for the retainer bolt for the lower die it works GREAT!!

Sig
12-20-2013, 04:24 PM
If you can wait till he's back he makes real nice stuff with upgrades to them like no set screws!! I bought some of his top punches and the magnetic wrench for the retainer bolt for the lower die it works GREAT!!
I bought the same. He does real nice work. I hope he feels better soon.

John Boy
12-20-2013, 06:08 PM
racer, one doesn't need a TP for every bullet shape ... I have punches just for the calibers I shoot - with many different nose shapes. Take a hot glue gun, put the glue in the punch pocket, spit on the bullet you want to use - lightly twist the nose in the glue. When it hardens, take a razor blade and cut the excess glue from the outside of the punch - Done

450 racer
12-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Thank you for the advice I found one a little big will do the hot glue trick for now then have one made later