PDA

View Full Version : KUDOs to Home Depot

jsheyn
12-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Looking for A spot at Home Depot today and saw this. Thought it was pretty cool...except two second after I took this an argent obnoxious twenty something pulled in with a fart can hanging off the back

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/15/4utubure.jpg

Bad Water Bill
12-14-2013, 08:11 PM
If they did not have a DAV plate I would definitely have flagged down one of the boys in blue. They just love to hand out those $250.00 things.

The local K mart was loaded with unauthorized cars in the handicap spaces (just because they were entitle ) that the village had a squad make a pass by every 15 minutes.

In one day he filled several books.

Yes they were entitled said the cop and he did not have to go to court on those tickets.

THANK YOU Home Depot

historicfirearms
12-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Good for Home Depot!

The 20 something could easily be a veteran, just saying. The sign does say for DAV and veterans.

Bad Water Bill
12-14-2013, 08:43 PM
Well I am a 77 year old vet but I will never park there

I would rather walk and leave the spot empty than see a vet with no legs have to roll their wheel chair one inch further than necessary.

12-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Show the clerk your V. A. disability card and you will get a 10% discount. The company does honor veterans.

CastingFool
12-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Show the clerk your V. A. disability card and you will get a 10% discount. The company does honor veterans.

Retired Military ID card works, too! For those who have a Lowe's in their area, Lowe's gives veterans a 10% discount, too.

Garyshome
12-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Home depot S#$%S. Anti Christian!!!!!! Gay supporters!!!!!

Bad Water Bill
12-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Several years ago I bought a lawnmower at Lowes.

As I was walking away the cashier called me back.

"I am sorry sir I did not give you your veterans discount?"

I was wearing my Navy vets ball cap at the time and was not aware that vets got a discount.

Now my local Home Depot and Menards do NOT give a discount and yes I did ask.

cbrick
12-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Wasn't it Lowes a couple of years back that used the American Flag as a door mat?

Rick

MaryB
12-14-2013, 11:47 PM
I h ave a handicap tag, I usually leave the closest spaces free unless it is all that is open and I am having a bad day. I can walk a little ways but not across the entire parking lot.

starmac
12-15-2013, 04:59 AM

What he said...

I have never heard the flag thing about lowes. I hope it isn't true as I would have to cross off another business.
I didn't know lowes gave vets a discounts, but did know active duty got one.

cbrick
12-15-2013, 07:44 AM
I think it was Lowes and I think it was only one store that had a door mat with the flag on it. Was on Fox News, neither the door mat or the story lasted long. When I heard that I went to the local store and looked and they didn't have it here.

Rick

JeffinNZ
12-15-2013, 05:29 PM

And so it begins.

Bad Water Bill
12-15-2013, 05:50 PM
That answer did NOT sound very Christian or in the spirit of Christmas to me either.

SeabeeMan
12-15-2013, 06:00 PM
2nd on the 20 something possibly being a veteran, and who knows how disabled. I have a few buddy's who are pretty torn up from our time over there, but you'd never know it looking at them. One of them can't be older than 26 or 27 at this point and I'm only a few months out of being a 20-something.

What's this VA Disability card? I have a stack of paperwork about 15 pages thick, but I've never heard of any sort of ID card.

Abenaki
12-15-2013, 06:17 PM
My wife has a handi-cap parking plaque. She needs it.

When I am shopping with out her, I park in the back forty. Walking is good for me.
You would be amazed how many people want to barrow the plaque when they go shopping.

The answer is always....no! I always ask then if they have a handi-cap. Then I let them know that I would be more than happy to give them a handi-cap!!!!!!!!!

Take care
Abenaki

goodolejim
12-15-2013, 06:41 PM

I would rather walk and leave the spot empty than see a vet with no legs have to roll their wheel chair one inch further than necessary.

Aye, I'l walk as long as I'm able. I'm
probably going to get my *** kicked someday but when I see some young healthy person park in a handicap spot I say "Oh your handicap must be mental".

clownbear69
12-15-2013, 06:47 PM
While this is good bad thing at least from my Home Depot had flag half staff for Mandela. So can assume they either support Obama or communism or both. :(

goodolejim
12-15-2013, 06:47 PM
2nd on the 20 something possibly being a veteran, and who knows how disabled. I have a few buddy's who are pretty torn up from our time over there, but you'd never know it looking at them. One of them can't be older than 26 or 27 at this point and I'm only a few months out of being a 20-something.

What's this VA Disability card? I have a stack of paperwork about 15 pages thick, but I've never heard of any sort of ID card.

Go to enrollment at your VA hospital or clinic and tell thhem you need a VA ID card. Shouldn't be any problem.

Semper Fi

Doc

jcwit
12-15-2013, 06:56 PM
I am a Disabled Vet, I do not have a DAV plate, I do not belong to the DAV, however I do belong to the American Legion.

I'm not sure what a Veteran Disability card is, but I do have a Department of Veterans Affairs card.

I do have a Disability placard issued by my state both for myself & my wife.

Lowes does give a 10% discount to Veterans, as does Home Depot, at least as of 3 days ago when I was there.

Have no idea about their stand regarding Christians or gays, I do know the stand Target Stores take on these issues as well on other issues.

gbrown
12-15-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm with Bad Water Bill--long as I can walk, I'll park out in the lot and walk--exercise is good. I shop at Home Depot all the time--love the store and the people that work there. One is the son of my old Sheriff, I worked for. They usually have good people. I appreciate the 10% they give--ain't much, but it pays for the State sales tax I despise. I go to Lowe's occasionally when I can't find it anywhere else. Only thing about it--Lowe's you have to have a supervisor enter the 10% discount--sometimes a long wait. That immediately tells me something about Lowe's belief in their employees.

TheDoctor
12-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Depends on which Lowe's I go to. Sometimes you have to have a supervisor come up, some stores keep a scan tag by each register. So far, every Home Depot or Lowe's I have been to give a 10%.

jaysouth
12-15-2013, 10:35 PM

Actually it's not a VA card. Take your award letter from the VA to the nearest NG or other military installation that has an ID office. Present your award letter for 100% to the nice Sergeant and he will enroll you in DEERS and issue a DD 2765, DOD Identification and Privilidge card. It will get you on any military installation worldwide and give you PX and Commissary privilidges in CONUS as well as any other MWR activity.

chuckbuster
12-16-2013, 08:06 AM
If they did not have a DAV plate I would definitely have flagged down one of the boys in blue. They just love to hand out those $250.00 things.

The local K mart was loaded with unauthorized cars in the handicap spaces (just because they were entitle ) that the village had a squad make a pass by every 15 minutes.

In one day he filled several books.

Yes they were entitled said the cop and he did not have to go to court on those tickets.

THANK YOU Home Depot

While a good gesture on HD's part I doubt a "non-eligible" parker could be ticketed as this is a Home Depot deal not "Law". Last I knew in Michigan the Blue Paint/Handicap spots could only be enforced if they were "Signed", blue paint on the pavement did not count.

oscarflytyer
12-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Lowes will often give me the Veteran's discount when they notice my USAA debit card. I never ask, but get it most times. Also live in a big Veteran town - Huntsville, AL. See prob 25% Veterans' license plates of some form or another.

Baron von Trollwhack
12-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Home Depot has been notorious for their full support of the illegal alien workforce throughout AMERICA. I quit shopping them twenty plus years ago because of this.

Does anyone know how many parking spot signs dedicated to Veterans makes up for this?

Bad Water Bill
12-16-2013, 02:52 PM
I live near "SANCTUARY CITY" (CHIRAQ) and visit 4 different H Ds.

At one time there was an employee that had used a black marker to his apron announcing he spoke Mexican.

Other than that ONE employee everyone else either speaks American English or Ebonics.

And it has been that way for the last 10-15 years.

leadman
12-16-2013, 03:26 PM
There are many places that give vets discounts, like fast food, auto parts stores, and some resturants. If you have a service connected disability make sure you take that info with you when you get your card. It should say "Service Connected" right under your photo. Most of the places give even non-disabiled vets discounts.
getting in to military bases is not like it was when I first got my rating in 1974. Back then any rating could get you in, but not anymore. IIRC you have to be 100% for that privilage.
Depending on your rating and income will also determine what level of medical care and at what cost.
It is not generally known but military that served in Korea in the late 1960s to the early 1970s may also have been exposed to Agent Orange. If I can find the exact dats again I'll post them.
Another little known fact is that Agent Orange was used in our National Parks in the same time periods.
I haven't seen the sign the OP photographed at the local HDs but I will look. I do not intend to use them as I still get around pretty decent.

William Yanda
12-22-2013, 05:49 PM

As a former HD employee-part timer, resigned when hours increased at my full time job-even 13 years ago, HD was a very proactive diversity employer. But these days what national company isn't?

Echo
12-23-2013, 02:24 PM

BWB, +1 (Years, too)