PDA

View Full Version : is there a shortage of 1892s?

Black Jaque Janaviac
12-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Somewhere on the 'net I read that there's a shortage of '92s. I know semi autos have dissappeared from store shelves, just wondering if the panic has reached leverguns.

seaboltm
12-14-2013, 11:30 AM
my local gun shop has plenty of 92's and AR's. Heck, even the local Wal Mart has AR-15's in stock.

fouronesix
12-14-2013, 01:36 PM
The current market is strong for quality original Winchester 92s... and 73s for that matter- especially in the carbine models. That pressure for the small levers and the CAS movement may have dried up the supply of cheap ones.

Everywhere I look there are ARs (or whatever black junk models that resemble same) by the boat load collecting dust on store racks. With at least 20+ manufacturers all getting into the act the last few years, the production is astronomical. I think every closet has one or more, so the market is flooded.

clownbear69
12-14-2013, 02:02 PM
I can say now then panic on guns have been over for a few months now (at least in my town) but ammo still a long ways to go. When I worked for Academy in El Paso when all this panic BS started, of course ARs were first to go then any Higher capacity guns like Glocks Smiths etc. When we had nothing but Taurus Autos in stock (not wanted) people started going for Levers and revolvers on shelf even the .410 2.5" lever. Most of the time those levers would sit for a month before it sold. During the panic longest it sat was 3-4 days. When those were being sold out it went to all the pump shotguns that would've been ban [pistol grip w/ and w/o stocks barrel shrouds (a thing that goes up) etc] Ive been selling firearms for around 2-3 years (on hiatus now) but It was the most guns I ever seen being sold through my hands and more than when Obummer first got elected.

While I was glad more people were buying firearms and wanting to take part of the 2A, it sure brought out a lot of dumb people who wouldn't have bought during normal times.

Marvin S
12-14-2013, 02:26 PM
I agree with and am seeing the same as you guys. Just got home from a gun show. There were hundreds of AR type rifles at reasonable prices. A few 92 clones but not many. Good original ones usually dont make it to the shows here but I go look anyway.

dbosman
12-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Sales of specific models is a bit like colds and influenza. What's available in your area depends on where you're hanging around.

seaboltm
12-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Just got back from my local shop. There are Rossi 92's in 357, 44, and 45 colt on the shelf. Henry's and Marlins are there too, but I did not look close at them. And of course gunbroker shows there are currently 94 Rossi 92's for sale. If a person wants a 92, they aren't hard to find. There are even some of the old Browning B-92's on gunbroker, and numerous Winchesters, but hang on to your wallet for those!

Piedmont
12-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Talked to my friend who lives in Houston yesterday and he also reported AR 15s were everywhere and the prices were down.

beezapilot
12-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Just back from a gun show, lots of AR's in the racks, and a lot of bewilderd looking people wandering around trying to sell them. Oddly, more display cases of very nice old Smiths and Colts (priced waaaayyyyyyy high) than I've seen in a long time. On the point of the thread, saw 3 1892's there in 25-20, one a nice saddle ring carbine too.... all in the $2K plus range.... Really???

TXGunNut
12-14-2013, 07:26 PM
I think so. Been looking to add a nice 92 to my collection for awhile and can't seem to find one I want and can afford. Could be I need to lower my standards or raise my budget but I'll keep looking. Maybe I'll get lucky someday.

Reverend Al
12-15-2013, 02:07 AM
No shortage of 1892's here ... there's a bunch of them in my gun safes!
:bigsmyl2:
Three '92 SRC's all in .44-40, a '92 octagon take down rifle in .44-40, plus two '92 round barrel rifles in .32-20 ... "... and I'll buy some more if I can find 'em!
[smilie=w:

MtGun44
12-17-2013, 02:59 AM
Now there you go - one guy hogging all the 92s. :bigsmyl2:

Sounds almost like a one-man shortage there. They are nice guns, but I only have one,
a Browing 92 in .44 mag

Bill