PDA

View Full Version : is it legal to ship dies internationally?

robpete
12-13-2013, 10:57 PM
are there any regs against shipping reloading equipment overseas or is that just firearms and parts?

Thanks

Four-Sixty
12-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Google the term ITAR. That probably will make you very leery after reading up on it.

Frank46
12-14-2013, 01:21 AM
Think the last set of dies I bought came with something that forbade shipping to countries like Iran,Irag,and a whole bunch of others. So based on that unless they are going to someplace like maybe canada or england I wouldn't even take a chance on it. Not worth the trouble that will happen if you are caught. Frank

sav300
12-14-2013, 07:16 AM
No problems from USA to Australia for reloading dies or molds,Have had two sets of dies from CH arrive here.

GP100man
12-14-2013, 07:32 AM
My Post Master told me ya can`t ship precious metals orgems to Canada .

I`d check on the regulations of where your going to be shippin to on reloading/handloading ammunition.
If legal then it`s probably ok to ship dies in.

But understand this , what ya ship can be confinscated or detained by customs or even worse LOST !!

sthwestvictoria
12-14-2013, 08:22 AM
Definitely no concerns shipping reloading gear to Australia. Reloading equipment such as dies, molds, casting gear even complete kits including a press is not controlled. You cannot ship ammunition components - brass, projectiles to us however, unless the Australian importing the item as an Australian B709A form completed with Australian Customs.

Lloyd Smale
12-14-2013, 09:08 AM
i shipped to belgium once. Just put machine parts on the invoice.

selmerfan
12-14-2013, 09:38 AM
i shipped to belgium once. Just put machine parts on the invoice.
This.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-14-2013, 09:45 AM
I've shipped various tooling (casting related) to both Canada and the UK. What ever you ship to where ever, be sure to research the laws. Equipment and tooling for assembling ammunition is probably banned in most all 'non-western' countries.

Shiloh
12-14-2013, 10:06 AM
International shipping of almost ANYTHING gun/shooting related is dicey. Some countries are particularly adamant about this. Research this carefully. The advice of an FFL who does this could be invaluable.

Shiloh

primersp
12-14-2013, 10:27 AM
for us ammo,composants (case,powder) firearm, barrel, slide and magazine must have an import permit
all things reloading dies, molds,all parts of fiream except above are free

badgeredd
12-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Part 121.1 item 4 specifically says that hand loading tool are exempt.

Edd

osteodoc08
12-14-2013, 12:54 PM
When getting molds shipped from the EEUU, it's always been labeled as hand tools. No issues.

robpete
12-14-2013, 03:27 PM
No problems from USA to Australia for reloading dies or molds,Have had two sets of dies from CH arrive here.

I'm actually shipping to Australia and will take your word on it. Thanks!

jonp
12-15-2013, 09:02 PM
My Post Master told me ya can`t ship precious metals orgems to Canada .

I`d check on the regulations of where your going to be shippin to on reloading/handloading ammunition.
If legal then it`s probably ok to ship dies in.

But understand this , what ya ship can be confinscated or detained by customs or even worse LOST !!

Precious metals and gems are considered currency substitutes and the laws are similar to moving cash offshore. You can do it as far as I know but the IRS takes a keen interest in this.