PDA

View Full Version : Fun Shooting

inspector_17
12-13-2013, 01:23 PM
After last Thanksgiving I asked my daughter, B in law and nephew if they would like to go shooting instead of facing Black Friday. Got a resounding YES!! So loaded up and off to the range we went. Gave everybody the safety briefing and walked to the line. Started off with my Ruger MKIII 22/45. Other than a few stovepipes no problems, everybody kept lining up and reloading the mags. Brought out the 10/22. Safety brief again. Again they couldn't get back fast enough to reload the mags!! LOL Moved down the line brought out my SR40. Explained the differences between a 22 and the 40. Loaded one round and let them test it out. Once they fired it and controlled the recoil I gave them a loaded mag. Going to have to reload a LOT more 40 now!! Move down a little further and brought out my 12gau. Again safety brief. Demonstrated and again one round, then let them all go to town(2 boxes). Even my daughter who doesn't mind me shooting but not a real fan, shot the 12 gau. Rocked her a little bit but came up to me after she was done and said DAD that was so COOL! Had a huge grin on her face. Not often you can get a smile like that from a teen but really worth it. My nephew really liked it too. I asked if anybody want to try my 308. With the pink cheeks My B in law said he couldn't feel his toes. So we called it a day and went home to hot chocolate and talked about going back out when it was warmer.

ph4570
12-13-2013, 01:50 PM
A good time had by all -- beats fighting shopping crowds by any measure.

forfun
12-13-2013, 02:05 PM
sounds like u all had a great time any time with the family is better than shopping

farmallcrew
12-15-2013, 03:46 PM
Any day outside at the range with family, is better than anything. Im intensely waiting for my neighbor to move up here to make this his full time residence, him and I will be out everyday out back in the woods cracking off rounds. And hes not even family. My dad and i shoot, but he more or less shoots for personal defense, i shoot because i love to shoot and shoot any gun i can. My neighbor is the same as me.

SDGarrick
12-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Took some first timers out today. That's 4 this month. Left leaning Grad students too. They had a blast ;-) and we dispelled some media planted myths about firearms. alot of fun!

uscra112
12-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Got two of the grandsons out for a "first time" at the farm about 5-6 years ago. Just a single shot .22 rifle. Now they both are both older, and their father has joined in. They both have "their own" pistols, (and Dad has another five, despite living in New Jersey), and there's 2 or 3 range days a month in good weather. Older grandson can shoot rings around both of us, too!