PDA

View Full Version : SARCO Slide

ccbullet
12-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Picked up a 9mm government 1911 slide from SARCO, anyone have any information as to what the rear dovetail is, ie: Novak, Bo-Mar, etc trying to build a 9mm for my daughter, need to put adjustable sights on it. Thanks

nightal
12-13-2013, 12:20 PM
I know that Sarco has a deal with RIA for slides, do you know who made your slide?
you did not mention if the slide had a stake on GI. front sight or a dovetail,or a square hole for a sight?
If it is a GI. slide, from RIA it uses a .330'' X.65% dovetailed sight. the front would be a narrow tennon .055''.
if it is RIA slide with dovetailed cuts front and rear, the front is .330" X .65% X 085"
deep. the rear is .487" X .65%.
Any Novak standard rear sight will work, it will need to be fitted,filed. the Novak rear sight dovetail is .495'' X .65%. if you don't know what slide you have it will have to measured or call Sarco, and ask who made the slide you bought.

376Steyr
12-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Just to confuse things, SARCO is now selling slides built by Para Ordnance, which per SARCO come with 3 different types of sight cuts.

MtGun44
12-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Time for measuring tools, and good ones.

Bill

HeavyMetal
12-15-2013, 01:46 PM
I think the real question should be what sights do you plan to put on this slide?

Usually my plans don't conincide with how a slide is set up, LOL!

A Picture wih some measurements will sure help out here, back in the day I shot a lot of IPSC matches and 1911 sight weakness's showed up at every match, usually with stake on front sight leaving in the middle of a "run" but I have seen Gold Cup rear sights bounce of range officers!

Dove tail front and either a J frame smith rear or a good Bo Mar type rear with screws will live forever, stay away from the "glow stick" front sites they don't stay put on a 1911.

jmsj
12-16-2013, 09:03 PM
ccbullet,
If it is a Rock Island/Armscor GI 5" 9mm slide it has a standard GI rear sight cut. If it is their "Tactical" model it has a "Novakesque" sight cut. From my understanding it is close but not quite the same dimensions as a true Novak sight cut.

376Steyr,
I got a one to try out. To add even more confusion, some have standard extractor cuts in the slide, some have their unique PXT extractor cut and some are listed to use a standard extractor but have sleeve installed to allow the use of a series 80 extractor. They did not explain this on the site. Of course all I had on hand was a series 70 but at least I was able to mill out the sleeve enough to use the series 70 extractor.
Good Luck, jmsj