PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Brite on Henry?

radtuck
12-13-2013, 12:38 AM
I have some of this for tumbling my brass...Anyone ever try it on the Big Boy receiver?

bruce drake
12-13-2013, 10:04 AM
To be honest, if I ever got a Henry (I really would love to have one in 357.) I would probably ceracote the rifle as I'm not a huge fan of the brass coloration. I'd prefer to not blind the deer before I shot them ;)

Bruce

radtuck
12-13-2013, 10:41 AM
Ha! It is pretty shiny...but that's part of what makes it cool (to me, anyway). Love it so far...just loaded a batch of 240 gr. XTP with H110 to try for the next outing. H110 makes me a little nervous, though...not much margin of error. I've been measuring every charge.

Baja_Traveler
12-13-2013, 10:57 AM
I thought the Henry Brass was clear coated - otherwise it would tarnish in no time flat...

radtuck
12-13-2013, 11:19 AM
It has a little bit of haziness on the brass next to the stock (where it gets handled). Not sure how to polish it without hurting it. It doesn't come clean with a dry cloth, though.

j_dude77
12-13-2013, 12:51 PM
We used this in basic.
http://www.nevrdull.com/

Seems other companies are making it too.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_nevr-dull-wadding-polish-(5-oz-)-eagle-one_7040046-p

pietro
12-13-2013, 02:13 PM

It looks like you're going have to be the beta tester, for TurboBrite on a Henry rifle............ be sure to post pics of how you make out. :D

deepwater
12-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Nevrdull and its clones is a wonderful product. Use with good ventilation and dispose outside.

454PB
12-13-2013, 02:51 PM
I polished this brass receiver with Flitz:

country gent
12-13-2013, 04:16 PM
I have had good results with never dull for years, one of those products that never seems to change. I have also used simchrome and cotton wadding to polish brass. Did alot of polish work as a tool maker and learned alot. Always "cross over" when polishing as it blends the lines. Use a light oil or water ( depending on polish) to thin the polishing compound as you go. I have done alot with a nylon brush in a foredom tool, similar to a dremel. Run medium rpms light pressure and work slow and easy. Cotton balls make decent polishing pads also. We used alot of shimichrome and diamond compounds for polishing at work. Remember also after that fine polish the surface needs to be protected/sealed from the air to last.

Darkh2odiver
12-15-2013, 12:13 AM
Henry recommends never dull. When I find the link I'll post it. BTW.....I have the Big Boy in 44mag. Who ever says the receiver has a "clear coat" on it is wrong. I LOVE my Henry!

ElDorado
12-15-2013, 03:43 AM
Henry recommends Nevrdull? Where did you hear that? I don't have a Big Boy, but in the owner's manual of my Golden Boy is the following admonition:

Important: The Golden Boy's brasslite receiver and brass buttplate should be maintained only by gently wiping with a clean, soft, dustfree cloth. Do not apply solvents, oil, or wax to these surfaces.

Maybe the Big Boy is different? Looking forward to your link.

radtuck - Tell Henry what's going on and see if they know. It's worth a shot before you start experimenting.

http://henryrepeating.com/

Good luck.

radtuck
12-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'll check into it.