PDA

View Full Version : Different brands of PC

bayjoe
12-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Anybody buy PC from All Powder Paints?
I was surfing looking for some powder and came across them, they have good prices. The basic powders are 11.87 a pound. Even their metallic stuff is around 20.00 a pound.
Hope it works, I bought a couple pounds for a little 22 caliber bator mold project

el34
12-10-2013, 11:40 PM
I've used HF and powderbuythepound. I prefer the latter but to be fair I was using HF when I was still coming up to speed on the process.

VHoward
12-11-2013, 01:06 AM
I have used powder by the pound and eastwoods. I like the eastwood better, seems to be easier to use. Hard to explain.

nighthunter
12-12-2013, 12:23 AM
I've been using allpowderpaints.com for awhile now. Their choices are great and the prices are fantastic. One thing I really like is that many of their paints have a cure temperature of 340 degrees and a 10 minute time. For the folks that are worried about alloy strength changing at the 400 degree 20 minutes of some of the other brands this might be beneficial. They have a flat rate shipping of $6.99 for any amount you order and it is shipped fast by priority mail so it is on your door step usually within 3 days. Application and looks of the finished bullets are much better than I've been able to achieve with the Harbor Freight product. My brother absolutely loved the PINK bullets I gave him for his 454 Casull. I was ordering some other colors and what the heck .... I figured my brother was worth 10 bucks. He says he has to load the revolver under the bench so his buddies don't see the bullets. I like their product.

Nighthunter

bayjoe
12-12-2013, 08:06 PM
nighhunter thanks for the info. I thought their prices were great and color selection was also good. I cook my boolits for 20 minutes and water drop them again. I have no idea if it makes them harder or not, but I feel it wouldn't hurt.

waco
12-12-2013, 10:22 PM
nighhunter thanks for the info. I thought their prices were great and color selection was also good. I cook my boolits for 20 minutes and water drop them again. I have no idea if it makes them harder or not, but I feel it wouldn't hurt.

I just sent a sample of the same boolit, 80/20, WDWW/Lino
some as cast, and some after PC and 20 min. in the 400 deg. oven to Alaskanguy to test the BHN for me to see if any strenght is lost or not. I too WD out of the oven.
I'll be sure to post about it when I get the results.

waco
12-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Anybody buy PC from All Powder Paints?
I was surfing looking for some powder and came across them, they have good prices. The basic powders are 11.87 a pound. Even their metallic stuff is around 20.00 a pound.
Hope it works, I bought a couple pounds for a little 22 caliber bator mold project

I'm waiting on the same mold. It should be here tomorrow!

I got the 6 banger.

bayjoe
12-12-2013, 10:27 PM
I'll be looking forward to it.

waco
12-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Bayjoe
What alloy do you plan to use first?
What caliber BTW?
.221 Fireball for me, and .223 for my brother.

bayjoe
12-13-2013, 12:14 PM
I use straight wheel weights for my rifle boolits, but I think I am going to have to add some Tin to the 22 caliber boolits. I started with a Lee 309-170 for my 30-30. It was really accurate, so I tried it in a Rem 700 in 308 and again it was really accurate.
My son is into M 4 carbines and the boy can go thru a lot of ammunition, so we thought we would give the 22 caliber bator mold a try.
My son also has a 300 blackout and a 6.8 spc so we are going to do a lot of casting, powder coating and experimenting at the range.

prickett
12-17-2013, 12:11 AM

I've tested this and it does not. You'll need to let them age harden.