PDA

View Full Version : Cracked my T/C Contender buttstock at grip!

ohland
12-09-2013, 10:07 PM
During WI gun deer season, I decided to engage in some unique calisthenics which would look like falling down, but really wasn't. I was going uphill, on a snow dusted slope, and fell forward. Kept my grip on the scope and breech, and the barrel came to rest on a thick branch, while the butt hit the ground. So the Contender was "supported" on both ends, while I applied force at the mid-point. After everything came to a rest, I noticed a 1" crack that started at the inner frame corner by the trigger guard.

I wish someone made a thumbhole composite buttstock for the Contender. Already looked, no holy joy (laminates, but not composite). (The Encore thumbhole stock will NOT do...)

:coffeecom

Artful
12-09-2013, 10:59 PM
So you've looked at the Choate TC Contender Survival Stock

The T/C Contender Survivor stock gives you a place to carry ammo and supplies in the butt stock. The storage compartments are opened by removing the thumb screw on the back of the stock and hinging the butt plate down, this allows access to the two 7 1/2 INCH DEEP BY 2 INCH TALL BY 1 INCH WIDE STORAGE COMPARTMENT. This stock is our answer for the Contender fans that keep their carbine with them all the time.
http://www.tjgeneralstore.com/%20SURVIVER.jpg

C A Plater
12-10-2013, 12:20 AM
This is a Bell & Carlson stock for my little .30-30 carbine. A sweet setup.

leadman
12-10-2013, 02:16 AM
Thompson Center used to replace broken stocks. Don't know if S&W will do it or not, would not hurt to call them.

ohland
12-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Crack is not that big, nor is it wide. If I was using a JDJ or other handcannon, I would be inclined to replace it.