PDA

View Full Version : Peep sights

GOPHER SLAYER
12-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Does anyone recognize these two sights or what rifle they might have been used on? The small one is marked Redfield but no model number. The large one has no markings of anykind.

Mk42gunner
12-09-2013, 11:53 PM
No idea, sorry.

Robert

Frank46
12-10-2013, 12:37 AM
Take the iris disk out of the top one. Should be british, should have parker-hale on it and some number that will ID it. Have few of these and all are adjustable for the hole you look through. Look for a wheel on the side with little notches on the disk. The notches allow you to rotate the iris for smaller or larger holes. Hope this helps somewhat. Frank

GOPHER SLAYER
12-10-2013, 02:21 PM
The name on the adjustable sight disc is Charles Daniels. I have never heard of that company. I should have pointed that out with the post.

smoked turkey
12-10-2013, 02:53 PM
I am no expert on this. The upper left does not look like the Pacific sight for the 30-40 Krag, but it looks like it could mount to the action in a similar fashion. A picture is attached here that shows the 30-40 sight base I have.

Frank46
12-11-2013, 12:30 AM
Your maker is unknown to me. I have about a half dozen of those adjustable iris's and all are parker hale. Interesting to say the least. Just for the heck of it go to the gary fellers website. If it's an iron sight he probably sells it and see if he lists it. Doesn't have pics just one heckuva list to look at. Frank

GOPHER SLAYER
12-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Thanks Frank. I don't know why I didn't think of that myself. I have dealt with Gary before and he is a straight shooter. He used to set up at the big gun show in Pomona before the L.A. County board of stupidvisors closed it forever.

Frank46
12-12-2013, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I get a serious case of the "GIMME'S" whenever I visit his website. I did notice that on the top photo that there are no range scaled stamped anywhere that I could see on that particular sight. Frank