PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 35 works twice

pull the trigger
12-08-2013, 09:35 PM
I went to the southern tier to a spot with my dad we found four years ago. Slept in a tent and it was down to 10 degrees F a couple mornings. Took three days to see any deer but when I did I managed to get two little ones 5 minutes apart. Only ones I saw the whole time we were there. Dragged them both out at the same time. Thank God for snow and little deer! No big trophies but were eating good.

44man
12-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Love the .35, wish I still had mine.
Don't worry about the small ones, seems to be all I get myself.

357maximum
12-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Small ones eat better anyway...good job, I shot a wounded button buck this year and after eating some of it I find myself re-thinking some of my killin priorities.

Them good ol 35REM Marlins are about like a loyal old hound dog. They just keep doing what they do..... just cause that's what they do. I have a 1951 336SC in 35REM....they gonna have to kill me/wait til I die to get that one....hard to impossible to find a "bad" load for that critter.

TXGunNut
12-09-2013, 11:25 PM
Awesome rifle, it's my one of my go-to rifles but it's having scope issues these days. Be a shame if I missed a season with it. Works just fine on bigger deer and hogs but I like eating the smaller ones.

CastingFool
12-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Congrats on your deer. those small deer is what I call barby deer. Small enough to throw on the barby! I got one of those this year.

Viper225
12-28-2013, 09:53 AM
I had what I was told was a first year production 35Rem 336SC.
I was told by the original owner that it had never killed a deer. It was his loaner for his son when he came in for deer season.
First thing I did was put it on paper. Something I guess they had never done. It did not take but a single 3 shot group to figure out the sights were WAY off.
I seriously doubt the old 336 had a box of ammo through it.

I let a buddy talk me out of it.
I wish I had that to do over again. It would still be in my gun safe.

Bob