PDA

View Full Version : Anyone shooting PC pistol caliber in polygonal barrels?

3006mv
12-08-2013, 05:34 PM
I have an IMI Baby Eagle that I would like to try it in.

KYShooter73
12-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Yep. My factory barrelled Glocks eat them just fine.

3006mv
12-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Oh cool, it's a .45 acp btw

NWPilgrim
12-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Is this true of any type of PC (that is, shooting OK in polygonal bbls), or just polymer or Hi-Tek, or what?

I thought this was just a cosmetic fad but it looks revolutionary as a replacement for lube or even plating.

Love Life
12-08-2013, 09:46 PM
I've shot thousands of standard grease lubed cast boolits in several Glocks. It's perfectly safe if you put the effort into finding a load that works.

To answer your specific question: HI-TEK coated boolits in Glocks run just fine.

xacex
12-09-2013, 12:19 AM
I have shot several hundred now out of a Glock without cleaning the barrel. No issue to report. Barrel looks like I shot jacketed.

xyankeeworkshop
12-09-2013, 10:26 AM
I got myself into this little PC cult by wanting to get cast pills down a stock G17 barrel without leading. Piglet coated HFPC red worked great for me once I finally got the proper sizing and powder load figured out. I've gone up to 500 rounds without scrubbing the bore, checking it all the way. No leading, good accuracy, no problems. I could have let it roll even longer, but I like the smell of Hoppes too much.

a.squibload
12-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Works in my Kahr pm40 (poly. barrel) even though my PC came out lumpy.
Will try again, last time it was pretty cold, might have caused problems
with the lacquer thinner method.

ebner glocken
12-11-2013, 02:22 PM
Not yet, but hoping soon to try in my desert eagles. Shot plenty of cast traditionally lubed through the glocks, no issues. Don't know why PC wouldn't work. My only concern with the desert eagles is the gas system. Shooting through a ported dan wesson is also in the works. Many projects, little free time here.

Ebner

savingprivateyang
12-12-2013, 12:26 AM
Interesting. I want to see what comes of this. I've seen in many posts where people have shot many PC rounds through their glocks w/o this problem (reference below). I'm really hoping it isn't the PC that's causing the wear, but at the same time kind of thinking it will be. :sad:

I got myself into this little PC cult by wanting to get cast pills down a stock G17 barrel without leading. Piglet coated HFPC red worked great for me once I finally got the proper sizing and powder load figured out. I've gone up to 500 rounds without scrubbing the bore, checking it all the way. No leading, good accuracy, no problems. I could have let it roll even longer, but I like the smell of Hoppes too much.

EDIT: Oops, meant to post this in the other thread.. dont know how it got here.

xyankeeworkshop
12-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Just to make sure I wasn't misunderstood: I'm not saying "scrub" the bore as in "I eroded my barrel". I'm saying "I went 500 rounds without cleaning it and didn't notice any leading or abnormal fouling buildup."

Yeah, the report of PC being abrasive is something to watch and either confirm or debunk. I just have a difficult time seeing what is essentially an epoxy or plastic being more abrasive than copper. If it's something in the pigment, perhaps trying out the clear powders is in order.

Echd
12-16-2013, 02:21 PM
My g30 has many pc'd boolits down it. Very clean.