PDA

View Full Version : fun daz in the yard

bigted
12-08-2013, 02:15 AM
finally took my lil colt '62' with the freshly soldered penny on the front out in the yard after loading her up inside {-20degree} and put up a circle at 20 yards to find out how low she would shoot. shot the 5 into the bottom of where i had the top of the penny held so ... took it in and filed a bit more and reloaded. aimed again at the same target and walla ... rite on target.

encouraged i cleaned it up and take my old brass frame '58' {cut down barrel} and with the same penny treatment took aim and darned if it aint rite on target ... this is not my favorite pistol but it sure shoots good with a 30 to 35 grain load.

next i take my '61' short navy with the factory blade on front and danged if it didnt hit rite to point of aim as well. been awhile since i excersized these fun revolvers. finished out the day shooting this pistol. must have shot at least 5 or 6 cylinders full of 20 grain loads and the crisco on the front and coulda continued cept i froze out first.

today i take the '60' army and detached the buttstock take it out to try as the last time i shot it the poi was around 6 to 8 inch high. so shot 6 and sho nough ... 6 - 7 inch high. took it inside and three corner file the notch deeper i reloaded and shot another 6 ... 4 inch high. mo file and shoot 6 more and this time they went into a larger group as the v notch was too deep now so i file the top to lower the v notch and take a small round file and make the notch round for better seein. loaded the 30 grains load with crisco over the ball and NOW i got it shootin in a tight group rite above a good 6 o-clock hold.

happy couple days and i aint done yet. anyone else brave the elements for some 6-shooter fun?