PDA

View Full Version : ISBN number

Limey
11-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Can anybody please share with me the ISBN number of Mike Venturino's book 'Shooting Buffalo Rifles of the Old West'....

I did a search on the European branch of Amazon but nothing came up....I'm hoping that with the ISBN I will have more luck, thanks in advance.

Safe shooting

Limey

scrapcan
11-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Limey,
You might want to go directly to one of the US distributors and see if they will sell and ship to you. Here are a few. You might want to contact MLV enterprises ans this is his website, he may just work things out for you.

http://www.ycsi.net/users/mlventurino/buffalogun.htm

The book is $30 from MLV Enterprises, Dept. RS, P.O. Box 914, Livingston, MT 59047; Midway, (573) 445-6363, www.midwayusa.com; Dillon, (480) 948-8009, www. dillonprecision.com; or Brownells, (641) 623-4000, www.brownells.com.

http://www.ycsi.net/users/mlventurino/buffalogun.htm

PS I did not have any luck finding an isbn for it either.

floodgate
11-21-2007, 07:37 PM
He published it himself, and had a local printer - "Cal.Graf" - print and bind it forhim, so it never was assigned an ISBN number.

floodgate

EDK
11-22-2007, 05:06 AM
Get the book in hardbound from Mike himself and ask him to autograph it. He missed one of mine and autographed it when I sent it back. I got two copies of his books and the "using copy" of Buffalo Rifles is starting to unravel a little bit, so I'm going to order another just in case. I screwed up on Elmer Keith and Skeeter Skelton, but I got doubles on Mike Venturino and John Taffin.

If you have the $ to spare, get a copy of Randolph Wright's Loading and Shooting Paper Patch Bullets, A Beginners Guide. You'll find a wealth of information and lots of illustrations for black powder reloading, as well as paper patch. Buffalo Arms and Shiloh Sharps both carry it. I wish I could get Mr. Wright to autograph my copies.

Good luck and happy holidays

:castmine: :Fire:

Limey
11-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Gentlemen,

Thank you for the details on getting my hands on MV's book.....now I just need to leave the details around the house for SWMBO to find since Christmas is coming!

Safe shooting

Limey