PDA

View Full Version : Who likes the CZ75B?

philthephlier
12-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Just ordered one and want any comments good or bad. Thanks in advance.

opos
12-07-2013, 09:28 AM
I was much into Semi's for a long time and my pistols of choice were always the CZ's...had them in all calibers...loaded for all and shot all regularly...had a "B" in both 9mm and .40 and really liked them...the ergonimics seem to fit my hand perfectly..they are accurate and strong as you can find. I did find one thing and that was the Hornady XTP shape seemed to not "mate" well with the CZ chamber and was not the very best combination...they are an outgrowth of a military pistol so were originally designed to shoot ball ammo..don't get me wrong...they shoot self defense ammo great but there are a few bullets in the commercial market that are a bit odd shaped (like the XTP) and you might want to experiment a bit if you plan on shooting much in the way of j words. Hope you enjoy your pistol...they are wonderful guns...can't even find them around here much any more because folks just don't sell them. I went to revolvers for some personal reasons or I'd still have a rack full of CZ's. Might suggest you sign up to visit the CZ forum..it's free and lots of really nice guys with lots of great info there. For loading info there is a guy goes by "mr. Wobbley" that posts a lot and he's really up on loading for the CZ as well as any technical info..Have fun!!

btroj
12-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Just got one in 9mm. Awesome firearm. Fits my hand very well, easy to shoot well.

Best thing I can say about them- they just work.

manithree
12-07-2013, 11:21 AM
I traded a Custom Shop Sig P229 (.40, DAK) for CZ-75 SP-01. Financially, I was robbed. I haven't regretted it a bit.

My wife shot a P-01 and SP-01 at a range here a few years ago, and fell in love. Very comfortable and very accurate in her inexperienced hands. So she's had an SP-01 for a few years, and I was tired of being jealous. I could shoot my SIG, but if I went a couple of months without practice, it took a few rounds to get back in the groove with it. The CZ always just felt right no matter how long it sat in her safe. So we have a matched set now, and they work really well for her small womanly hands and my much longer, well, womanly programmer hands. Very accurate and reliable in the 2k+ rounds we've put through our pair.

I still want a "point and shoot" pistol, but it'll probably be a Walther. That's the only potential grip I have with the CZ style. Ours have manual safeties.

seaboltm
12-07-2013, 11:30 AM
I have an original CZ-75 Chech made. No "B". Awesome pistol. Ergonomics of a Hi-Power, features of a modern sa/da. Accurate. Reliable. Enough said.

rintinglen
12-07-2013, 12:03 PM
I had to sell mine, it was the original CZ-75 also, not the B model. However, I'd buy another in a flash if I came across one in nice shape. The only problem I had with mine was that the painted-on finish on mine started to chip after a few thousand rounds. Other than that, it was boringly reliable. Load Magazine, insert, jack the slide back and release. Shoot until empty and repeat until you run out of ammo. The only ammo that gave trouble was a box of 90-ish grain federals. When the gun was dirty, they didn't have enough oomph to cycle the slide consistently.

primersp
12-07-2013, 12:11 PM
i have an cz 75 buy in 79 glossy blue ,accurate and reliable like a stupid i trade it

Buzz64
12-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Have a 75BD 'police' and wouldn't trade it for anything. Handles cast without a problem and puts all the rounds in the same place - now if I can just get that steady!

john hayslip
12-07-2013, 01:16 PM
I have one - though I'm not sure of what letter it uses. I really like it. It's my favorite shooter. CZ also makes a 22lr top that works fine. I have one and can shoot a little cheaper and keep the same trigger. I have several pistols but my CZ is probably the one I'd go to if the SHTF

tomme boy
12-07-2013, 02:41 PM
This was my first carry gun. The xtp ammo ran through mine without any problems. It was my preferred ammo to carry with.

clownbear69
12-07-2013, 02:45 PM
You know how Glock pretty much rules the US in the Police market.....CZ rules the rest of the world. Typically its the gun of choice. It be more popular if more accessories were available in the US

9.3X62AL
12-07-2013, 03:44 PM
I have the CZ-75B in 40 S&W. SUPERB PISTOL. Other makes of 40 S&W have come and gone, the CZ stays. Period. The make got DQ'ed for CCW by my agency in an over-reaction to Federal HR 218 oversight of retiree CCW, but the CZ will still remain with me. It's that good.

One HUGE cast-boolit trait the 40 S&W variant has......their barrels use a 1-16" twist rate, as opposed to the usual 1-10" or 4 turns/meter used in the 40 S&W. My pistol dotes on cast boolits, and loves the Lee 175 TC (conventional lube groove version). 4.7 grains of WW-231 matches the ballistics of the W-W Ranger STX 180 grain load I've used at work for many years.

Petrol & Powder
12-07-2013, 04:18 PM
I have an original CZ-75 Chech made. No "B". Awesome pistol. Ergonomics of a Hi-Power, features of a modern sa/da. Accurate. Reliable. Enough said.
I couldn't say it better :smile: :goodpost:

Ed_Shot
12-07-2013, 05:06 PM
My 75B is a tack driver. It's totally cast friendly. I size to .358 and I find the COAL's spec'd in the Lyman 4th Ed Handbook suit it perfectly.

Walter Laich
12-07-2013, 10:10 PM
I love mine, too. Jeff Cooper wrote about it and I waited for quite awhile till they became available. Used mine in USPSA among other things
walt

kens
12-07-2013, 10:23 PM
I see the CZ75B as basically a Browning Hi-Power cloned into double action. It is mostly a clone of John Brownings design.

The Hi-Power is to 9mm, what 1911 is to .45acp

You are never 'under gunned' with a Hi-Power.

historicfirearms
12-10-2013, 09:03 PM
I've got a cz 75 D, it's the compact model. It was love at first feel, this gun fits my hand like a glove. It's accurate and totally reliable. My only small gripe is the trigger pull is pretty heavy, but really ok for a defensive gun.

C. Latch
12-10-2013, 09:14 PM
They are in every way truly awesome handguns, but I have this weird shorter-than-normal right thumb, and I cannot reliably manipulate the safety lever on a CZ, so I wasn't able to enjoy the one I bought.

Bonz
12-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Rented the CZ75 BD at a gun range and was completely impressed by it. Rapid fire is fantastic, extremely accurate and very little recoil. I would trade my Colt New Agent 9mm for one in a heartbeat except the wife won't let me ;-)

Nobade
12-10-2013, 10:05 PM
i have an cz 75 buy in 79 glossy blue ,accurate and reliable like a stupid i trade it

Sounds like me.....wish I had it back. Great pistols, I think mine was a '78. Beautifully made and worked perfectly.

-Nobade

alg3205
12-10-2013, 10:28 PM
I bought a CZ 75 in the late 1980's and came across a TZ-75 in early 2000. The TZ is the same gun, built in Italy prior to importation of the CZ. I have Lugers, P-38, Hi-Power and Glock, what can I say I like the 9mm. The CZ/TZ 75 is an easy gun to shoot and very accurate. I have great success with the cast lead boolit, I use the lee 105 gr for the 38, I get a good sizing on the boolit that way. If you get a CZ keep it shoot it.

philthephlier
12-10-2013, 10:57 PM
I will have my first one in a few days as I wait for the Ca. 10 day wait to expire. I bought this pistol without ever even holding one or seeing one up close. I ordered it from an online dealer in Virginia and had him ship it to a local FFL here in Ca. I decided to buy it strictly from reading posts about it on this and other forums. I don't think I can remember reading as much praise about any handgun before. Virtually no negatives and off the charts positive comments. If the comments are even half true it must be the best full size, all steel handgun for the money to be had. I'll post again when I have had some personal experience with one.

Bullwolf
12-11-2013, 01:15 AM
I really like the CZ 75 line.

Here's a shot of my Tanfoglio TZ-75 another great cast boolit shooter.

- Bullwolf

robertbank
12-11-2013, 01:31 PM
I have had CZ's for a number of years now and they are great pistols...period. The look like a Hi Power but have nothing in common with JMB's design. Easy on the pocket bool, well made, shoot cast, accurate and reliable. What else is there?

I see the new M&Ps are now coming out with a 1 - 10 twist. Smith & Wsson finally saw the light. My older M&P's won't shoot 147 gr boolits worth a hoot. Twist rate is to slow and the boolits tumble at distances as short has 7 yards - IDPA shooting.

Buy one you won't regret it for a minute.

Bob

jameslovesjammie
12-11-2013, 10:11 PM
CZ's are GREAT firearms! I've got a 75B .40 converted to SAO, a 75B in 9mm, a P07, and a RAMI. My Sister has a Compact .40 with a 9mm conversion barrel and my Buddy has a 75BD Police (decocker). All are great guns!

Forum member Armoredman runs the Original CZ Forum, found here:

www.czfirearms.us

Lots of great guys! Quite a few members here are also members over there.

casca
12-12-2013, 10:34 PM
while stationed in BERLIN FRG. the CZ -75 was the cheapest firearm a GI could buy at the gun club. $ 190 no import marks. most everyone in the STINGER PLATOON had one . I left a Guns and Ammo article laying on the gun counter showing that the CZ was going for $999 in the US.

Those lil guns shot any kind of ammo we stuck in them. Brought 2 of them home still have the one with all the scratches and dings. But everyone has a story behind them. Must have 20 factory magazines for mine. think they were $5.00 a piece at the time .

CASCA

palmettosunshine
12-14-2013, 06:01 PM
2003 CZ75B. Beat up, dinged up and the one I will never trade or sell.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff1/palmettosunshine/IMG_20121024_212248.jpg (http://s237.photobucket.com/user/palmettosunshine/media/IMG_20121024_212248.jpg.html)

Changeling
12-14-2013, 07:57 PM
I see the CZ75B as basically a Browning Hi-Power cloned into double action. It is mostly a clone of John Brownings design.

The Hi-Power is to 9mm, what 1911 is to .45acp

You are never 'under gunned' with a Hi-Power.

The Hi-Power is to 9mm, what 1911 is to .45acp.

Well said, you know what you are talking about! The Hi- Power is one of the finest pistols ever made, 13 rounds is an AWESOME thing to contend with for the BAD guys!

robertbank
12-15-2013, 01:19 PM
The Hi-Power is to 9mm, what 1911 is to .45acp.

Well said, you know what you are talking about! The Hi- Power is one of the finest pistols ever made, 13 rounds is an AWESOME thing to contend with for the BAD guys!

While the Hi-Power is a "10" for looks it comes with a trigger that is something less than great, something Sauve or Brownings attemps during the late 20's just could not solve. JMB died eight years before the Hi-Power arrived and none of JMB's earlier designs look anything like the Hi-Power that Sauve completed in 1935. As a single action, high capacity pistol the Hi-Power ruled the roast for a very long time but started losing ground after WW11 and in today's market has a following of enthusiasts. I loved my Hi_Powers, including the Inglis but sold them all off when I realized I just never shot them anymore.

The CZ75B looks like the Hi-Power but that is about where the comparison ends. I would argue the gun is just so much better than the Hi-Power in every respect.

Take Care

Bob

Frosty Boolit
12-15-2013, 02:54 PM
well, they are the only centerfire autopistol I own. CZ-75D PCR is definately my favorite. Don't try one in the hand unless you have the loot to buy one though....

robertbank
12-15-2013, 03:29 PM
well, they are the only centerfire autopistol I own. CZ-75D PCR is definately my favorite. Don't try one in the hand unless you have the loot to buy one though....

Thanks but you are two years to late.:p The PCR is one heck of a gun and scary accurate. Love mine.

Take Care

Bob

btroj
12-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Should the question be "who doesn't like the CZ 75 B?"

I searched a few years to find one and when I did it came home with me.

Gussy
12-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Is there a good no drill scope mount for one?? My eyes are to a point that I'd like to put a red dot on mine.
Gus

savagetactical
12-16-2013, 04:26 PM
I think it is a decent enough pistol cause the late Col. thought it was, still not my goto gun for carry though, but it certainly is a good pistol.