PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show Report & Golden Bullet Molds

azrednek
12-07-2013, 01:48 AM
Don't know if any board members living in the Phx area visited the big three day gunshow today. I saw quite a few molds today that must have been forged with gold. Classic example was a used double cavity 38156 Lyman with a new sprue plate indicating to me plenty of previous use for only $95.00!! Not quite as bad though as the Lee hollow based 50 cal I believe is named "Modern Minnie" for only $50.00. The seller was either sincerely and honestly ignorant, a slick talking con artist or possibly he saw "stupid" stamped on my forehead. He explained Lee no longer makes hollow point molds and if you want to cast your own hollow points for a 50 cal S&W!! I honestly didn't know what to say and just moved on. I didn't bother to ask or comment after opening up an older RCBS carboard mold box with a $70.00 price tag only to discover inside was a single cavity 44 or 45 cal round ball mold.

I'm going to return Sunday but I best scrub my forehead first.

Artful
12-07-2013, 08:41 AM
I went Friday - it seems bigger than last years but the prices are more outrageous. I bought a couple of bricks of 22LR for $30, passed on the ones for $70, but almost fainted when saw CCI stringer brick for $120!

I saw several boolit molds out on tables but none for price I wanted to give. I've got the 3 day pass so will go back and see what's up with pricing today or tomorrow but really don't find this as much fun as I used too.

At least my buddy randy got a good deal - found a CH press and swaging dies and corbin dies for a reasonable price don't know if he's going to keep all of them 'cuz some are in calibers he doesn't use
but it will be fun trying to brush out the cobwebs on that part of my past. Been a long time since I used my mighty mite press.