PDA

View Full Version : Left over Dark meat Turkey Tetrazzini Time!

Artful
12-05-2013, 08:19 PM
1 pound Egg Noodles, Broken In Half
2-4 Tablespoons Butter
2-4 cloves Garlic, Minced
4 Cups White Mushrooms, Sliced
1/2 teaspoon Salt and pepper ( Salt And Pepper, to taste)
1/2-1 cup White Wine
1/3 cup Flour
3-4 cups Fresh Turkey Broth (or 3 cans Chicken Broth)
1 block 8 Ounce Cream Cheese
4 cups Cooked Dark Turkey meat, Shredded Or Diced
1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 cup Grated Monterey Jack Cheese
Extra Broth, milk or cream For Thinning
If ya want you can add
chopped or dried Herbs
Bacon, 4 slices Fried stiff And Cut Into Bits
1 cup Finely Chopped Black Olives
1 cup Frozen Green Peas

Any way
In a large pot of boiling salted water cook the noodles until it's al dente and drain it well.
If it gets done before other pot add butter to the noodles to keep from sticking together.
at the same time...
In a large heavy pot cook the mushrooms, garlic and onion in the butter over moderate heat, stirring, until most of the liquid they give off has evaporated, stir in the flour a little at a time, and cook the mixture over low heat, stirring gently, for 3 minutes until the raw flour taste is gone.

Add in a bit at a time the broth, and the wine, stirring, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring, and simmer the sauce for 5 minutes, stirring. Now it the time to chunk up the cream cheese and add to it. Did I mention to keep stirring it?

In a large heavy pot combine the noodles, the turkey, if your adding bacon, peas and/or olives add them too with the mushroom sauce. Add the grated cheese and Salt and Pepper to taste, and transfer the mixture to a buttered casserole. Oh, did I forget to say preheat the oven - yep 375 F please.

You can sprinkle the top with bread crumbs or save back some of the cheese of just add more cheese over the Tetrazzini. Bake the Tetrazzini in the middle of a preheated 375°F. oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until it is bubbling and the top is golden

The Tetrazzini mix you prepared can be kept frozen in a ziplock bag, if your really tired of Turkey.
But my advise is cook it now!

I have seen it done with whatever pasta ya own (Spaghetti or Ziti for example) and I have seen people use a dose of cream or milk when not enough fresh turkey broth was available - like all cassarole's it's a great way to dump in some veggie's so the kid's will eat it. :mrgreen:

Changeling
12-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Artful, thanks, I'll give that a go on the next turkey.

w5pv
12-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Make a pot of gumbo real good.