PDA

View Full Version : 300+ Pounds of Linotype! Score!

Monttexan
12-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Getting ready to move back North to help out aging parents, so I've periodically been checking Craigslist there as well as locally. Two days ago I found 370 pounds of linotype. The guy's asking price was about 30% less than buying from Rotometals so I gave my dad a call. He contacted the guy and picked up the whole shebang! The add had been on Craigslist for over a day too! How do I score that? Do I get an assist or what? However it scores, I was glad to get it in the family. :)

Beagle333
12-05-2013, 02:16 PM
:drinks:

Defcon-One
12-05-2013, 03:49 PM
FYI: I have been selling it for $2.00 per pound plus shipping on this site. Sounds like you paid $2.30 per pound. Still a pretty good deal!

As a caster, Linotype is always a good thing to have around and with over 300 pounds, it will be around a long time!

You better thank your Dad twice, or take him shooting!

leadbutt
12-07-2013, 01:46 AM
Price might not have been the "greatest" but you got yourself a nice haul. Now you have another reason to go back home.

L. Bottoms

Jim Flinchbaugh
12-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Was that the Insty Prints lead?
I saw the add shortly after it appeared, didnt have the $$ to jump,
plus, I've seen lino cheaper here on occasion

Monttexan
12-10-2013, 03:06 PM
It was at Trippet's downtown. Not the greatest price, but my dad had the $$ to be able to jump on it and it was local for him. He's happy. Hoping the place here in Corpus sells so we can get North in time for Christmas AND to help smelt it down into usable sized chunks!

Jim Flinchbaugh
12-10-2013, 07:31 PM
my melter is for rent for part of the bounty[smilie=l:

I never looked up the address, but had forgotten about Trippets and assumed insty prints.
Glad someone from here got it rather then them fishin lure folks :)P

Miata Mike
12-12-2013, 12:37 AM
I passed up a lot of "Linotype" lead as it was just recast "hard" lead. I wanted the right 4/12/84 mix.

The guy seemed to think there was no such thing as genuine Linotype pigs out there. I did buy 3.5 pigs of what I know is genuine with the story given.