PDA

View Full Version : There's still wonderful people around!

oldred
12-05-2013, 11:47 AM
My niece works 60 hours a week trying to support 4 kids and a worthless drone of a husband but barely can make ends meet, all of us in the family pitch in to help as much as we can but sometimes it gets rough anyway. Christmas for 4 young boys was going to be what she could get at the local Dollar General store but something heartwarming happened yesterday, She had the $100 she had saved for Christmas figured almost to the penny when she went to check out but a lady in line in front of her told the cashier to ring up my niece's purchases with her's, about $100 worth! She explained that when she was raising her children times were really hard and Christmas was especially bad because there was no money but now she is comfortable and all her children are grown and doing well for themselves so now every Christmas she goes out buys the gifts she could not afford back then for kids in need now! I can't help it, this just chokes me up and I just had to come here and tell you all about it.

GOD bless this wonderful lady whoever she is!

Love Life
12-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Another place to look is the toys for tots program. A Marine will bring toys to the house. We do it every year, and the results are amazing.

RayinNH
12-05-2013, 11:53 AM
There are indeed some nice people out there.

RED333
12-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Thanks for sharing, I needed it.

olereb
12-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Another place to look is the toys for tots program. A Marine will bring toys to the house. We do it every year, and the results are amazing.

That's the one we do every year,great program they have.

Bzcraig
12-05-2013, 09:47 PM
It is always encouraging to hear the good side of humanity cause Lord knows we hear a lot about the other side.

LL-thanks for the reminder about Toys for Tots. I just met with a grandmother of 10 whose 3 drug using daughters all getting SSI and welfare never buy gifts for the kids and her disability income isn't enough. I will direct her in that direction as well as others.

jeepyj
12-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Your correct sir there are still some fine folks out there. I'm happy for your daughter. After all Christmas is for the kids!
Jeepyj

abunaitoo
12-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Our club holds two matches in Decenber for Toys-for Tots.
A toy or money to shoot and eat after.
It's not much, but it's something.

TheGrimReaper
12-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Good read.....hits the heart.

captaint
12-06-2013, 03:26 PM
I really like hearing about the good people out there. The great people. They never get the coverage. It just ain't news !!!! But it is very good.. Mike