PDA

View Full Version : !st with boolit

siamese4570
12-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Well I finally broke the ice this morning. About 8:30 I saw a buck crossing in the tall weeds/grass. All I could see was his antlers and head above the grass and he was moving. was able to get my 45-70 handi-rifle aimed at the road (no not a real road, just a path to an oil well) he was about to cross. He hesitated when he crossed the road and that was long enough for me to center punch him with a Gould 330 hp traveling at 1300 fps. I couldn't find blood but knew he was hit hard because he jumped at the shot and stumbled as he ran up the hill. Found him about 50 yards up the hill. dragging him back to the truck I figured out why i didn't see a blood trail. I was looking about 100 yds away from my stand where i thought he was standing when I shot. He was actually about 125 yds away. The area was sprayed with bloody lung chunks. He was a little basket 8 point, not a wall-hanger, but it was cool to finally get one with a boolet that I cast.
Siamese4570

Ramjet-SS
12-04-2013, 10:00 PM
That Gould Bullet is devastating and one of the all time great designs for the 45-70.

Great job and great shooting.

Crawdaddy
12-04-2013, 10:34 PM
That first one is always a great feeling. Congrats