PDA

View Full Version : Blackmon 22 Dies Ready!

deltaenterprizes
12-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Me Blackmon notified me that my dies are ready!
Can.t wait to use the auto eject feature to finish the over 1000 jackets with cores seated without striking on the die.

My Corbin dies will be for sale soon!

Cane_man
12-04-2013, 11:07 AM
great news, enjoy... and make sure you post with pics!

newcastter
12-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Great News!! I know how exited I was when I got the call and received his product. So how long was your wait time? I believe I waited 6-7 months for his press derim die and complete set of .224 swage dies.

deltaenterprizes
12-04-2013, 05:37 PM
I ordered the dies in February

Prospector Howard
12-06-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm a little curious. You already owned Corbin dies and you're switching to Blackmon. Is it just the "auto eject feature" or are there other reasons for the switch. I'm guessing you won't sell the Corbin dies until you make sure you're happy with the new dies.
Me Blackmon notified me that my dies are ready!
Can.t wait to use the auto eject feature to finish the over 1000 jackets with cores seated without striking on the die.

My Corbin dies will be for sale soon!

Smokin7mm
12-06-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm a little curious. You already owned Corbin dies and you're switching to Blackmon. Is it just the "auto eject feature" or are there other reasons for the switch. I'm guessing you won't sell the Corbin dies until you make sure you're happy with the new dies.

My guess is that he has the Corbin dies for a standard reloading press. Not the swaging dies for his swaging press which do have an auto eject feature. Of course you can buy or make a auto eject for the reloading press dies but they are not as Convenient as the built in feature of a swaging press.

Bret

fredj338
12-06-2013, 05:09 PM
One reason I went w/ BTS dies, he offered an auto eject. I couldn't imagine the extra work of banging bullets & cores out of the die. I am happy with my choice too.

Utah Shooter
12-07-2013, 02:33 AM
I would sell my Corbin R Dies for a set of Blackmon dies with one of his presses ANYDAY.

Uhhhh! wait I already did that... Oh, and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Question is what Corbin dies does Delta have?

deltaenterprizes
12-07-2013, 11:19 AM
My guess is that he has the Corbin dies for a standard reloading press. Not the swaging dies for his swaging press which do have an auto eject feature. Of course you can buy or make a auto eject for the reloading press dies but they are not as Convenient as the built in feature of a
Bret
That is the reason, ease and speed.
The Corbin dies are for the reloading press.

Dave18
12-14-2013, 11:37 PM
I couldn't imagine the extra work of banging bullets & cores out of the die. I am happy with my choice too.

on this, on the corbin dies,I have never banged on my dies, there is a ejector set up that clamps on the die and all you do is pull the handle and the bullet ejects, maybe a second or two longer in cycle time, than an auto eject, but no big deal at least for me,

but auto eject would be nice if you can get it,