PDA

View Full Version : The Lord is testing me

338RemUltraMag
12-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Well guys, yesterday I got horrible news, the preliminary check up for my 4 yo Elli is she has cystic fibrosis and will be lucky to live past 30, I have been in a right mess and am so depressed right now. I do not post here often and am not sure what anyone can do, so as of now I am wearing the skin off of my knees praying that the next test comes back negative.

God bless everyone.

jmort
12-03-2013, 12:18 PM
Praying for you, your daughter, and your family. I get so angry with satan and our fallen world. Thank God we have our Lord and Savior Jesus and the Holy Spirit. No words will suffice but prayer will help. May God Bless you Brother.
John

CastingFool
12-03-2013, 12:21 PM
The Lord never gives you any more than you can handle, 338. I know it's devastating news and almost unfathomable. My oldest and very precious daughter was diagnosed with cancer when she was only 19. She was found to have a cancerous tumor in one of her sinuses. She had one preliminary biopsy, and then underwent a 12 hr operation. We later found out that it was experimental at the time. At any rate, the doctors were able to get all the tumor out, and they did not recommend chemo or radiation. All she had to do was to have an MRI every yr for ten yrs. (She decided to stop the MRI's after 5 yrs) She's been married for 10 yrs, and given us 4 wonderful grandchildren that we love dearly, and they return that love . We attribute the success of the surgery to the Lord and give Him thanks for that. At the time, there were many prayers for strength, comfort and wisdom raised, not only by us, but by our church family. Those prayers were greatly appreciated. The three older granddaughters are being raised in a Christian home, and know the Lord. The oldest, 9, has already read the Book of Revelations. I will pray for you, and meanwhile, just take each day as it comes and enjoy your daughter. The Lord will take care of the rest.

338RemUltraMag
12-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Thanks guys, there are excellent people here on CB

Wayne Smith
12-03-2013, 01:55 PM
What sounds overwhelming now may sound much less so in 15-20 years. Medical advances are happening so quickly and massively that I would not worry about anything that is that far out. Concentrate on what it means now and how it will affect her life now and in the next five to ten years.

Bo1
12-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Joshua,

"May the LORD bless you and keep you; May the LORD make his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace."

God will test you, but never more than you can bear..... Keep your faith, and keep your head up....
You are in my prayers...

Bo

aspangler
12-03-2013, 01:57 PM
My prayers are with you and your family and especially your daughter.

mhat
12-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Praying for you and your family. God only chastises His own. Praying for strength, comfort and healing for ya'll. God bled

Mark

bruce drake
12-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Wayne Smith comments are exactly what I would have said. The advancements we are seeing everyday in medical science give me hope in knowing that God does have a final design on everything. I will also up my prayers to help alleviate your concerns and that you will see that your daughter still is here with you and will remain a star within your eye forever and a day.

Bruce

jmort
12-03-2013, 06:29 PM
"Wayne Smith comments are exactly what I would have said."

That is one beautiful thing, we fight satan on a Spiritual plane, and the doctors/medicine/scientists/researchers fight satan on the temporal plane. I too expect some progress that will blow our minds within the next 10 to 20 years.

Houndog
12-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Prayers being offered up.

Geppetto
12-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Don't forget that no matter what may happen in the future, you have the here and now to spend with your daughter. Make the most of every day you have with her, and stay strong for her.

Like people have said above, medicine is advancing at an incredible rate and conditions that are dire now, will likely be a short trip to the doctor in the near future. In the meantime we are all praying for you and yours.

sparky45
12-03-2013, 06:57 PM
"Wayne Smith comments are exactly what I would have said."

That is one beautiful thing, we fight satan on a Spiritual plane, and the doctors/medicine/scientists/researchers fight satan on the temporal plane. I too expect some progress that will blow our minds within the next 10 to 20 years.

I basically agree, however, I am VERY concerned as to the effects of "O Dumbocare" on Doctors and their research. If it is allowed to stand Medical Care WILL be set back to the 1940-50's.

338RemUltraMag
12-03-2013, 06:59 PM
I basically agree, however, I am VERY concerned as to the effects of "O Dumbocare" on Doctors and their research. If it is allowed to stand Medical Care WILL be set back to the 1940-50's.

This was my second thought, honestly this concerns me a lot.

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

w5pv
12-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Prayers the the Lord Savior will look after your daughter and her family.Amen

Gibbs44
12-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Prayers sent for Elli, you, and the rest of your family.

North_of_60
12-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Praying for Elli right now. Good bless you and your family. As a parent I can understand your pain and your fears. It is times like this when we need the body of believers to hold us up in prayer.

I came to this forum to learn about bullet casting, but I joined because of the fellow believers who support each other here. We are with you. Keep us up to date and by doing that you will gently remind us to keep praying.

"His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation." Lu 1:50

Al

missionary5155
12-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Good morning
God still works miracles. Will be praying God's desire will be accomplished in all this.
Do remember in all this you will be in contact with numerous individuals who have never met a real Bible practicing person who would share the Gospel in love.
Mike in Peru

Charlie Two Tracks
12-04-2013, 10:50 AM
I am indeed sorry to hear of this. I do know the nothing is impossible for God to do. I pray the the next results are negative.

Wayne Smith
12-04-2013, 01:02 PM

Clinical care and research are two different things with very different financial backing. I don't expect to see research suffer much. The application of that research may, though.

sparky45
12-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Clinical care and research are two different things with very different financial backing. I don't expect to see research suffer much. The application of that research may, though.
I do hope you're right Wayne. I spent 35 years in Healthcare and Research was one of the FIRST aspects of "healthcare" to suffer from lack of govt. funding when dollars became scarce. "Private Research" is kinda a misnomer at times, because they also receive govt grants, ect.
Again, I do hope you are right, experience tells me a little different story.

North_of_60
12-04-2013, 03:56 PM

My prayers are for Elli's spiritual and physical health and for God's peace and comfort for her family. God does not need brilliant doctors and medical researchers to do his will. He is fully capable of handling this and every other situation with or without the help of human hands.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jer 29:11) These were God's words of comfort to Israel when they were suffering and scared. He is telling them not to look at the external circumstances but to trust in Him. God is with you brother.

Al

dbosman
12-04-2013, 05:43 PM
The following is trite, but true.
One day at a time.
One week at a time.
One month at a time, etc.
Enjoy your family.

Please make sure you and your family get any help you need with your mental states.
There should be no shame in dealing with depression. You have every right to be down and to get help.
If there is shame it isn't with you or your family.
A real person gets help when needed.
There are people, including us, you can talk to, with, and at.

jonp
12-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Praying for your little one

338RemUltraMag
12-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Thank you everyone, I have been reflecting and realized feeling sorry for myself and Elli is not the right choice. I have been looking for a doctor that can give me a lab test for the gene. If I do not have the gene than it is impossible for Elli to have cystic fibrosis.

I set to pray last night and ask for guidance, when I woke up this morning it was clear to me what needed done, it sounds very odd but that is the truth. Thank you all again for the prayer and support, your words have helped comfort me, i think i have read this thread 10 times so far today.

Wis. Tom
12-04-2013, 10:37 PM
May the Lord guide you with His loving hand. Praying for your family. God bless.

DRNurse1
12-05-2013, 07:24 AM
You and yours are lifted up in my prayers. God truly gives us no more than we can handle, but He seems to give us no less that we can handle or we would not grow as Christians.

On a personal note: God is the answer, but I really think He likes those who seek answers. IMHO, His rewards seem to accumulate to those who SEEK, rather than those who wait. So, seek accurate and confirmed current medical advice for your little one and do everything in your power to keep her as healthy as you can (Be Prepared). I work indirectly with folks on the edge of this research and treatment and there is viable treatment for those willing to travel that path.

I hope the genetic tests prove her CF-free, but I pray for your Peace and Strength in Him if your journey takes you down the CF path.

Lead Fred
12-05-2013, 07:50 AM
When Mrs Fred was 11 the doctor told her she would not live past 21.
She is 53, and he is dead

Hope is a powerful healer

338RemUltraMag
12-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Found a Dr. I go for testing Dec 11th at 3 pm

vintagesportsman
12-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Praying...

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble; May the name of the God of Jacob defend you; May He send you help from the sanctuary, And strengthen you out of Zion; May He remember all your offerings, And accept your burnt sacrifice. Selah May He grant you according to your heart's desire, And fulfill all your purpose. We will rejoice in your salvation, And in the name of our God we will set up our banners! May the LORD fulfill all your petitions. Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven With the saving strength of His right hand. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the LORD our God. They have bowed down and fallen; But we have risen and stand upright. Save, LORD! May the King answer us when we call.
(Psa 20:1-9)

retread
12-05-2013, 09:49 PM
My prayers for Elli, you and all of your family. Trust in God and a uplifting attitude will work wonders. God Bless.

DLCTEX
12-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Prayers sent for Elli and family.

WRideout
12-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Prayers sent for you and your family. Sometimes in events like this the purpose is for you to be a conduit of God's love.

Wayne

BSalty
12-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Absolutely we will pray for her, your family, and the Dr.

O-care is a concern, but if He wills it, then it will be done anyway, so try not to worry over problems that at this point are not there. Do what you can physically for her and yourself, financially I will attest that paying a full tithe of your own volition will make it work one way or another. Maybe not how you wanted, but it will work.

Then lay anything you cannot change or have no influence over on Him.

May peace be in your hearts. I am sorry you folks have to go through this.

Bullet Caster
12-08-2013, 08:30 PM
338RemUltraMag,

Prayers are offered up here in Eastern TN, for your Elli and for you and your family. Keep the faith. BC

carbluesnake
12-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Brother, I don't know if it helps, but there is nothing that happens that God doesn't allow. God is never surprised with what occurs. He has allowed this for a reason, and will give you the grace to see it through. This is the time to draw near to Him and let Him do for you. God bless you. I take prayer seriously, and will pray for your daughter and family.

jmort
12-08-2013, 10:07 PM
God is not behind this, satan is. Don't blame God for the fall, blame Adam. If you take this to its logical conclusion, you would be prying against what you perceive to be God's will. Praying against the works of the devil is a worthwhile endeavor.

Ajax
12-09-2013, 07:08 AM
I will pray for the family and Elli. There is nothing thru the lord that cannot be accomplished.

Andy

Bullfrog
12-18-2013, 09:25 PM

I can not understand why little kids must suffer. It baffles me. I pray for strength to you during this CHRISTmas season, faith, hope, and knowledge that grace is given. God Bless you and your family, and most of all that precious child.

gunoil
12-25-2013, 12:26 AM
prayers for elli , and your whole family.

2HighSpeed
01-02-2014, 03:16 PM
I agree with Wayne. Today is where you need to live, Not next year, not 30 years from now.
There have been great advances in medicine and while the life expectancy is around 30-35 years, There are many many people who have hit their 50s with the correct effective medications for their CF.
Also, Did she have the sweat test done or the geneotype blood test? I ask because my Tyler was tested with the Sweat test at age 3, He got a positive, then a negative, then a positive, then a negative then another negative (This mama made them keep repeating it). So the sweat test is not often reliable, as noted in many studies and reports. The geneotype test is what we are doing now, He is going to be 11 in a few weeks and his respiratory condition has not much improved since he was little so his DR did the blood test last week, We are awaiting the results.
I will keep you in prayers. Know that effective treatment is possible. And live for today, because tomorrow is not guaranteed to ANY of us.

Boaz
01-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Praying for your child and your family , it's always hard to hear about a child with trouble .

retread
01-02-2014, 09:48 PM
338, you've got to be her ROCK, she will need you to be strong. A positive attitude is contagious and can lift her spirits and those who love her. With Gods grace and your faith anything is possible. I will be praying for you, Elli, and your family.

2HighSpeed
01-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Anyone have any updates on the results of his gene test yet?

jmort
01-05-2014, 11:02 PM
It came back negative thank God

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?223729-Prayer-Works!!!!!

2HighSpeed
01-06-2014, 09:16 AM
The lord definitely has this family wrapped in his embrace. We should never underestimate the power of prayer.

Now my question is, Since it came back negative, what are they doing to find the cause of such severe respiratory exacerbation's? Nebulizer? Inhaled corticosteriods? Bronchodialator? Oral steriods? Allergy meds? Anything???