PDA

View Full Version : Need information for casting for Benelli M1

Alvin
12-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Hey everyone, I'm looking into starting to load for 12 gauge. I've read most of the information for what I'll need to get started and how it compares to regular loads. Needless to say given how inexpensive it is, I'm a dummy for not starting sooner.

Any trap or hunting I do currently is with my friend who has an extra for me when we go out. I plan on loading for mostly tactical rounds, i.e. slug and 00 rounds. I was curious to see what slugs that shoot reliably and well with the benelli M1. I figure the 00 shouldn't be a problem as long as I use the right load. If anyone can give me some advice on what works well and what doesn't with them that would be greatly appreciated. If it matters it is a H&K marked Benelli M1 tactical with 18.5" barrel.

FullTang
12-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Hi Alvin,

I shoot a Benelli Nova Tactical Pump (1 of my 3 shotguns)---not exactly the same, but shares some features. I'm a big fan of Lee slugs, esp. the 7/8 slug loaded in any Fiocchi hull with a PT1215 wad, 1/8 nitro card, and 20 grains of Alliant e3. This round is marginally overpressure in any regular shotgun, but the Benelli handles it like a champ, and the snug fit makes it incredibly accurate out of my smoothbore, running around 1400 fps. It's clean, too! Lesser loads will cycle my Mossberg 1000 autoloader, so this ought to keep your gun running nicely, and you save on lead costs as well with the lighter slug.