PDA

View Full Version : Trigger time is going down

Gussy
11-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Woke up this morning to about 4" of white, still snowing, a drop of 20 degrees from yesterday and a reduced urge to go outside.

It's the time of year of greatly reduced need for bullets. It's also the time I need to think about making some for next year. I still have to put up some drywall right over the spot I usually do my casting. I think I'll do that first and tape it. Then I can set up a more permanent casting table with an exhaust fan. I usally cast with the overhead door open in the spring but If I can get this set up, I will be able to do some winter casting in a heated shop.

If I can get the drywall done this winter, the lathe and mill will find their new, permanent home. I have been wanting to do some mould work but can't find the time while at work. I will when I have them next to the house.

I'm not a fan of really cold weather!!!!

dubber123
11-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Come on up to VT., I help run our bi-monthly outdoor pistol shoots. Starting last year, everyone decided they didn't want it shut down for the winter, so I get to stand outdoors from 8:30 a.m. to about 3:30, twice a month. One shoot last year was at least -10*, with 20 mph winds. 15 people showed up. Everything went well, but alot of guys found out how unreliable their .22 pistols get in cold weather during the rimfire class. Lots of fun, come on over, we'll save you a spot. February is particularly nice!

Gussy
11-20-2007, 12:35 PM
I lived in Minn and Wis for 10 years. I DO know what really cold is and have frostbite to prove it. No, not ever, anytime, at all, will I EVER live where it gets that cold!!!! It gets down to 10 a couple of night a year here. Mostly in the teens in Dec and Jan and some time we get a few odd ball cold streaks. I try not to have any reason to stay out in that either. My fingers were frost bit and I cannot warm them even in the 20's much less 0 or below.

My winter shooting is when the temp is in the 40's or in a heated shooting house (which I'm going to build this winter).

dubber123
11-20-2007, 01:35 PM
I don't blame you, if our shooting club didn't benefit from it, I certainly wouldn't bother either! I don't mind sneaking out for a quick group or two, but my fingert just don't move well in the cold anymore.

nvbirdman
11-21-2007, 01:12 AM
The weather here has been rather nice lately, but my trigger time is down because I broke my wrist.

9.3X62AL
11-21-2007, 01:48 AM
Sorry to hear that, NV.

MGySgt
11-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Here in Southern VA it really doesn't get that cold for very long. BUT 35-40 degrees and wet out side is worse then in the teens, at least for me.

I do get some trigger time in the winter but only Sat and Sun - not enought day light the rest of the week.

Drew

Ivantherussian03
11-21-2007, 12:37 PM
weird, I always shoot more in the winter, especially starting in january, on through march. :Fire: