PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody here using GunManager?

Expat74
11-29-2013, 09:29 AM
That's a software that can inventory your gun collection and your ammo stock.. Been using it for a while now and am pretty impressed with it.

iron mule
11-29-2013, 12:05 PM
hey and a late welcome
never heard of the soft ware you are asking about
sounds interesting more info about it would be helpfull
mule

Expat74
11-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks mule! Really like being here.. :mrgreen: it's an awesome forum..

Way too many features but in a nutshell.. you can store any type of info you have for any given firearm, that is manuals, pictures, other files, personal notes .. also it can show you when and where you've shot it, with what ammo and will automatically update your ammo inventory and deduct the rounds fired. The ammo section allows storing of factory ammo as well as reloading recipes, shows you the actual cost of your reloads based on the supplies you enter (powders, cases, boolits, primers, shotshells, wads). You know how much you have in stock, and where you bought it at what price. Also, every accessory for your firearm can be taken in, and associated with the firearm, so mags, scopes, etc. Another nice thing is you can run reports on how much ammo you got in stock, sorted by caliber, or you can print all your reload recipes. Works for metallic cartridges and shotshells. I'm using it since roughly two months and I love it. The only drawback is that you get a clean database that you have to fill with data, which means you have to sit down and key in all you got.. took me a couple days to do it :-?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Expat

hpdrifter
11-29-2013, 01:10 PM
I just use Excel. make it do about anything I want. Sorry.

bhn22
11-29-2013, 02:40 PM
I just use Excel. make it do about anything I want. Sorry.

Me too. Along with pics, stored on a disc, sealed in a hermetically sealed mayonnaise jar on Funk & Wagnals back porch.