PDA

View Full Version : Cast Bullet Engineering Australia,

Four Fingers of Death
11-29-2013, 02:24 AM
Jim Allison has sold the business and the new owner is getting set up slowly.

I spoke to Jim today and he said he just bought a mould off the new owner and it looked pretty much the same as what he had been producing for decades.

I have been using these moulds for almost 30 years and a lot of guys here use them as well. Always good to have another mould builder available.

http://www.castbulletengineering.com/default.htm

dromia
11-29-2013, 02:28 AM
Looking forward to the new web site, the current one is a real pain to use and to find the mould you want on it.

Four Fingers of Death
11-29-2013, 06:43 AM
I fancy a 285Gn mould for the 9.3x62 and a whatever weight mould for the Steyer 95, but no hurry at this stage. I'll check back in the New Year. The KAL mould handles he sells are amazing, I have a pair for the Lee 6 cavity moulds and a pair for the RCBS mould, top shelf workmanship, worth every cent!

eljefeoz
11-29-2013, 07:27 AM
Picked up a .432" brass mould. The spruce plate is easily 5 mm. Great looking mould. David Is doing a great job. I may get myself a 6.5mm for my Grendel and a 350gr gr for my .404j in the new year

eljefeoz
11-30-2013, 12:21 PM
here's a pic

leadman
11-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Looks like great work there.

Jacko.357
12-03-2013, 05:49 AM
I can't say enough good things about my Cast Bullet Engineering 358250 Mould. I did buy it some time before the business was sold. I was part of a Group Buy for Gator Checks organised by the new owner David C about the same time I bought my CBE Mould and was well pleased. Word in my neck of the woods is that CBE Moulds are as well made as ever. My CBE Mould is a pleasure to use and it will certainly not be the last I buy

regards Jacko

Four Fingers of Death
12-03-2013, 07:05 AM
Like I said earlier,Jim Allison who started CBE originally, said that he recently bought a mould off the new owner and Jim said that they look the same as the moulds he used to make. Good recommendation from the man himself.

eljefeoz
12-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Time to have a group buy on CBE moulds... :castmine:

Cast Bullet Engineering
12-10-2013, 04:23 AM
Hello Everyone,
I'm the guy that was lucky enough to be able to buy CBE from Jim Allison.
Thank you all for your kind comments above.
You've probably heard the cliche before, but I'm trying not to let moulds out the door that I wouldn't be happy to use myself.
I've been a mad keen caster for around 28 years or so, and currently cast for 22, 25, 7mm, 30, 338, 358, 375, 416, 458, 510, 585, 20ga and 12 ga for my own rifles.
I bought CBE back in July this year and moved everything to my home in Kingsthorpe QLD, about 2.5 hours drive west of Brisbane.
I'm set up and going full steam ahead now, and enjoying every minute of it, you never know what mould you have to make next.

The website is totally being remade as we speak, I have taken photos of nearly every bullet we can make a mould for, and that's about 602 designs at the moment. The new website will feature actual photos of each one, and be fully searchable to find what you want.
We will also have an online shopping cart system to make it quicker and easier, but will still have full one on one access if you want.
I'm hoping the website will be up and running early in the new year.

I'd also like to take the time to wish each and everyone of you on Cast Boolits a very Merry Christmas, and best of luck casting and shooting for 2014.

Kind Regards,
David Commens

eljefeoz
12-10-2013, 04:58 AM
HI DC, good to see you here. keep up the good stuff.Er, thing is I DONT havea rifle for that mould above-yet. lets see... ;)

Cheers

Four Fingers of Death
12-10-2013, 06:40 AM
G'Day DC, I will be up your way in March / April, I will have to drop in. Mick.

JeffinNZ
12-10-2013, 05:30 PM
CBE moulds have a terrible habit of multipling I have discovered. Dang things are like rabbits. :-P

Four Fingers of Death
12-10-2013, 07:01 PM
HaHa! That sure is true!

whelenshooter
12-10-2013, 11:13 PM
I've owned two CBE molds (moulds) a 285 grain rn .476 single cavity and a .359 bore rider 275 grain rn. Both are very well made and cast very well. I sold the .476 but still have and use the .359. Glad to hear they're back up and running.

I've been to Australia once, Sydney. I enjoyed it but if you've seen one large metro area you've seen them all. My sister lived in Trangie NSW. I'd much rather gotten out there but never made it. Hope to get back to that part of the world one day, though that long plane ride might keep me from it.

David

Four Fingers of Death
12-11-2013, 07:27 AM
G'Day Whelan shooter,anyone who rides a ZRX1200R can't be all bad! HaHa! I had two of them,but when the wife came along traded it for a BMW with lots of luggage space.

I'm half way between Trangie and Sydney, stop by for a spell and a hunt on your way to Trangie.

eljefeoz
12-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Now I got to buy me a .44 Mag rifle,and a couple more molds...Jeff is right, seems they do multiply like wabbits ,and add to the caliber creep too ;)

whelenshooter
12-11-2013, 09:16 AM
I loved that motorcycle but had to get rid of it. That throttle was absolutely addicting. Either the police or the pavement were going to get me!

What do you hunt in that part of Australia? If I ever make it back that way I'd be glad to give you a ring.

David

G'Day Whelan shooter,anyone who rides a ZRX1200R can't be all bad! HaHa! I had two of them,but when the wife came along traded it for a BMW with lots of luggage space.

I'm half way between Trangie and Sydney, stop by for a spell and a hunt on your way to Trangie.

whelenshooter
12-11-2013, 09:21 AM

Sorry about this hijack but here's two I wish I had back.

310bsa
12-23-2013, 02:04 AM
Well there you go! I thought I was on my lonesome riding a Suzuki GFS1200S Bandit??? I can even breakdown my M94 30-30 to fit on the back and ride up the farm (properly secured of course) .
Merry Christmas to all the friends I've made over the years in the bullet casting fraternity.
Jim Allison , ex mould maker and continuing rider in retirement!

Four Fingers of Death
12-23-2013, 07:02 AM
enjoy it all Jim, been a pleasure doing business with you over the years.

whelenshooter
12-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Well there you go! I thought I was on my lonesome riding a Suzuki GFS1200S Bandit??? I can even breakdown my M94 30-30 to fit on the back and ride up the farm (properly secured of course) .
Merry Christmas to all the friends I've made over the years in the bullet casting fraternity.
Jim Allison , ex mould maker and continuing rider in retirement!

A Bandit is right up there and with a 30-30 strapped on would be even better. Happy retirement.

David

MtGun44
12-26-2013, 01:49 AM
Jeff,

I'd say the biggest difference is that the rabbits will multiply for free,
and good molds cost money (and are, of course, worth it ).

Good to hear of another source for molds!

Bill