PDA

View Full Version : problem with tc encore scoping

Dogg
11-28-2013, 05:25 PM
Just got a new to me TC encore in 45/70 that came with a weaver type scope base. I mounted a older leupold3.5-10 on it... but there is not enough adjustment to raise the point of impact to pt of sight, short by about a foot. had to use medium mounts to clear the rear sight which I would like to leave attached. Is there a special base needed for the 45/70? Suggestions. Anybody else have this problem?

bigted
11-28-2013, 06:04 PM
shim the rear of your base with aluminum pop can stock. they are around .005 inch thick so i would try 1 under the rear first and after re-centering the adjustments ... shoot it to see where it groups. if still low dont adjust your scope from the center adjustment ...[meaning that you turn the nob to the extreme right ... now turn it back left taking care to track how many full turns it takes to the extreme left. now go half back rite to "center"]...

keep shimming till you achieve close to center shooting within an inch or so ... then remove the scope again and "blue" loctight the screws tightly into the holes... all screws that secure the scope base to the barrel. should get you there in fine shape.

Nobade
11-28-2013, 11:32 PM
EGW makes a 20 MOA tapered base for the Encore that will also fix your problem.

-Nobade

Tatume
11-29-2013, 07:52 AM
Burris Signature Zee rings will correct your problem too. I've used them twice, once on a 1000 yard gun and again on a hunting rifle that was drilled off center. They work very well. You will need to purchase one set of offset inserts.

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/416175/burris-1-signature-zee-weaver-style-rings-matte-medium

Junior1942
11-29-2013, 08:31 AM
+1 on the Burris Signature Zee rings.