PDA

View Full Version : Its turkey day again!!!

MBTcustom
11-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Every year, I fry turkeys for everybody that wants one. It started out when I got my fryer and realized that there was a lot of good oil left and I could do quite a few turkeys with what I've got.
I usually end up doing six of them, but this year I couldn't afford to give away the inject and the oil, so I asked folks to please provide a turkey, one gallon of oil, and a jar of cajun injector marinade.
It's always a good time!
Here's the way we roll:

Happy thanksgiving everybody!

Artful
11-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Yeah, looks good :drinks:
- you using peanut oil or just what they brought over?

MBTcustom
11-28-2013, 02:40 PM
It's corn oil. Works fine, and is easier on everybody's wallets!

starmac
11-28-2013, 03:17 PM
I actually have real genuine peanut oil this year, for the first time. I was at an auction this summer that had a new unopened 5 gallon carton of it on a pallet with some other things I wanted. lol A lady I had been talking too ask what I was after that I would bid that much on that particular pallet, and I told her the peanut oil, because I already had the saran wrap sheets. She got a good laugh out of that. lol

MBTcustom
11-28-2013, 03:21 PM
The last of the turkeys is in the fryer. It'll be done in about 30 minutes.
I really need to get m'self another frier. Sure makes for a bunch of running around when you're not waiting. Oh well, this is the fourth year in a row, and the look on peoples faces makes it all worth it. Really gets me in the Christmas spirit!

jmort
11-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Looks like turkey smelting. Fired turkey is a Blessing. Sounds/looks like some good time/food at your place. God Bless you and your family this holiday season.

Sweetpea
11-28-2013, 03:37 PM
One of these years I need to try a fried turkey...

I hear they are really moist, but I've never cooked a dry turkey yet.

A number of years ago, I made one of the birds for Thanksgiving, and everybody ranted and raved... But it hurt the FIL's feelings, and now he just insists on making his dry Turkeys.

For many years I have cooked the turkey breast down, with a stick of butter in each end. Basted often, with some minced garlic on the inside with the butter. Amazing.

The last turkey was roasted on the Traeger, was very moist, and great flavor.

Brandon

Artful
11-28-2013, 04:38 PM
The last turkey was roasted on the Traeger, was very moist, and great flavor.

Brandon

Do you use flavored pellets?

Sweetpea
11-28-2013, 04:42 PM
We most always use Mesquite around here.

Btw, they are compressed hardwood, not "flavored"...

w5pv
11-28-2013, 04:52 PM
I have been thinking very hard on the line of an oil less fryer.I have a friend that swears by them and you can get one for about the price of the peanut oil.They are slower and not good for but one or two birds a day.That is good for me because that is all I plan on cooking.Fried turkey is the best tasting way to cook the birds.