PDA

View Full Version : my new o3a3

testhop
11-18-2007, 08:17 PM
5381i was out at the range to day the guy wtih the o3a3 came out and he was hurting for money so i got a remington a3 with all matching numbers and inspection stamps for $475 i think i got a deal but matybe?:coffee:
:castmine:

Hip's Ax
11-18-2007, 08:34 PM
I paid $495 for my 03A3 in 2000! Yes, you did well.

There are no numbers to match on US arms but you can look for the R mark on all the parts to see if its 100% Remington or not.

If theres numbers on the bolt and stock it could be a CMP Greek return rifle.

How is the condition? Bore?

dubber123
11-18-2007, 08:40 PM
I lucked out last summer and got mine at a muggers price, well almost. If it's nice, 475$ sounds good to me. It's nice to be able to look at what you are buying first also.

twotrees
11-18-2007, 08:42 PM
My local shop that I support fully had one like your discribing witha scant "C" stock that I thought I would like to have. When the price was set Z( usualy get a special price) at $750 I let it go to someone with a fatter wallet than mine.

My sporterized (Don't ask) likes the lyman 311291 and the 311359 (115 gr gc) with Unique/ Red Dot and IMR 3031.

I have loaded the 311291 to 30-30 factory Vel's, in the 06 and and am very happy with the way it kills deer.

BTW: we are allowed 13 deer here in Ga on a lic and if one was so disposed they could get a lot of trigger time on them. We (The wife and I stop at 3 deer (Freezer full) unless a friend that doesn't hunt wants deer meat.

Good Shooting,

TwoTrees

testhop
11-18-2007, 09:04 PM
hey ax i stand coreced it has rs on bolt on the barrel is ra with the date 9-43 andthe
ordance inspctiors bombmark stock has 4 numbersastamp in the stock i think thay were 2595 that did not match the searial number on the recivver but i think it may be for a unit or somethingthe stock is got some dings other wise good the bore is great clear and sharp
you had me worryed about the matching i guess i miss understood the guy about the
marks i know him and if a gun stays with him it has to be great so i am sure it will be a great shooter

garandsrus
11-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Testhop,

Are the four numbers engraved/pressed into the stock? If they are, then it's almost certainly a Greek return, not that there's anything wrong with that. My two 03A3's are Greek returns and I like them both. If the stock matches the receiver, the four numbers in the stock will be the last four of the receiver serial number. You will probably also find that the bolt is engraved with the same four numbers, another Greek "thing".

The guy probably set the price at $495 as I think that's what the CMP sold them for a couple years back.

They are nice rifles and shoot great.

John

testhop
11-18-2007, 09:16 PM
My local shop that I support fully had one like your discribing witha scant "C" stock that I thought I would like to have. When the price was set Z( usualy get a special price) at $750 I let it go to someone with a fatter wallet than mine.

My sporterized (Don't ask) likes the lyman 311291 and the 311359 (115 gr gc) with Unique/ Red Dot and IMR 3031.

I have loaded the 311291 to 30-30 factory Vel's, in the 06 and and am very happy with the way it kills deer.

BTW: we are allowed 13 deer here in Ga on a lic and if one was so disposed they could get a lot of trigger time on them. We (The wife and I stop at 3 deer (Freezer full) unless a friend that doesn't hunt wants deer meat.

Good Shooting,

TwoTrees

twotrees i wish i could move to ga i uset to have a farm inithink the name was DALLISGA IY WAS JUST OUTSIDE ALANTA like a dummey i sold it but that wea a loooong ag ago when i was young and fooliish that deer season sounds to good

:castmine: tom :coffee:

Hip's Ax
11-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Next time you see that guy ask him if he got it from the CMP and if so ask if he has the paperwork and box. It makes the rifle worth more.

twotrees
11-18-2007, 10:40 PM
Dallas is the new Hot area for the Atlanta sprall. Had a friend buy 48 Ac on a hilltop with a 360 deg view. Wild life mang area to his rear (22K Ac.) The county decided to build a new "Local Airport" they moved over 20 Million (!) cubic yards of dirt to flatten off 4 hilltops and now the rumor is that it will become a short haul airport to support Hartsfield (Busiest airport in the world).

His dream retirment home has become an adjunct to this new Eye/ear sore.

Yes limits are very liberal, but this is at the insurance companys insistance. Where we would see 20-30 deer coming home we now might see 2. It's working but for what good???

Deer pop's got to 15 deer/ac in some spots, but most of those were suburbs, where you could not hunt.

BTW: Wild Hogs (they are in most places south of Atl) are Varmint and can be shot 24/7 365 no limit. They breed like rabbits and eat like..... well ...Hogs !!!

Come on down it's mostly a lease hunting state, with prices for leases going from $5.%0/Ac to $11.00 Ac.

Hey Y'All from Ga,

TwoTrees

testhop
11-19-2007, 05:47 PM
i now have another question
do anybody know of a scope mount for the oo 03a3 without changing the value of my a3so it means no drilling
any and all sujestions will be happley excepted
i am NOT GOING TO RUIN A 03A3

TOM

charlie / sw mo
11-20-2007, 12:00 AM
check the brownel catalog---i put a no gunsmithing mount on a mann acuracy device(springfield action). knock out the back sight and the mount fits in the slot

vern2
11-23-2007, 10:42 PM
I just bought a shooter Rem 03-A3 with a sporterized stock and redfield target peep rear and globe front site for $198.00 Not a collector, just lookin for a shooter with cast. Don,t think I got hurt too badly. Unfortunately, it's in N.J. and I have to have it shipped to a dealer here in Pa.

Looking over some of the posts here re: cast bullet loads, thanks for the info!